Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Unpopular Star Wars opinions? - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions?

August 18th 2020, 9:38 pm
BigMouthPrick wrote:
3. The Jedi order is a corrupt collectivist group reminiscent of modern day Western governments and corporations that deserved to die
4. Darth Sidious was the good guy

Sure there are others but that's all that comes to mind

In all honesty...yeah I somewhat agree here. Sidious exposed the blatant corruption/incompetence of Chancellor Valorum, he gave the Republic an actual standing army whereas before they had nothing(the Judicial Forces were utter nonsense with the sole exception of Ranulph Tarkin's ORSF which wasn't even apart of the Judicials to begin with)

The Jedi seemed complacent and backing the corrupted Senate. Plus in all honesty, your average citizen of the galaxy didn't care much for the whole Jedi and Sith nonsense.

Sidious still was bad, I mean the guy started an entire war after all among other horrid things. But I can see the...uh...'good' in this side of things, even if the measures to go about it were completely crazy.
LOTL

August 19th 2020, 2:48 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
LadyKulvax wrote:1.Emperor Palpatine is ruined by everything involving him outside of the original saga.
2.KotOR 2 >>> KotOR.
3.Almost all Legends content is fan fiction tier writing.
4.The Clone Wars isn't as amazing as people remember it to be.
5.Rebels was almost entirely skippable.
6.TLJ is the best of the sequel trilogy.
7.Star Wars in any version of the lore should have ended with ROTJ.
8.Rogue One is in the top 6 of the movies.
9.TFU series is bad and overrated.
10.Most serious Star Wars fans are manbabies, are fickle and feel entitled.

None of these are unpopular opinions AP

Yeah, only KOTOR 2>>>KOTOR happens to be a repulsive opinion. Maybe it's because Revan is among my favorite characters

1 and 6 are also not agreeable
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 19th 2020, 3:42 am
KOTOR 2 > KOTOR is a perfectly fine opinion imo, even though I disagree with it.

And yeah, Palpatine appearing in post ROTJ content was pretty lame
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 19th 2020, 7:17 am
1.All Legacy characters bar K’Kruhk, Krayt and Wyyrlok are sub Aayla Secura. Krayt himself is Fisto level at max

2.TCW should be made canon only.

3.Uliq Qel Droma is one of the worst characters SW has to offer. Kun is one of the best

4.Darth Malak dies to randoms like Ronhar Kim

5.Tiin is > early war Mace in TK and Kolar is > early war Mace in sabers

6.Maul:Lockdown is the only source where Maul is semi-likeable and not the worst character in the mythos 

7.Plo Koon, Adi Gallia and Shaak Ti are equals
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 19th 2020, 7:56 am
CuckedCurry wrote:

2.TCW should be made canon only.

It kinda is Canon only. Yeah technically it's within Legends, but given that TCW blatantly starts a clean slate of everything, even moreso by the fact it's in its own bracket of T-Canon, it doesn't mesh with C-Canon at all. The absolute best you could do if looking at it in a Legends POV is take the related TCW supplement material with it. (IE: Those TCW comics and novels) If you take those into account then it really doesn't mesh with prior 08 material because according to the novel Wild Space, TCW seems to take place 7 weeks to 3 months max after Geonosis.

TCW is only Legends because it had to be, it's a complete separate timeline with completely separate characters and events taking place compared to C-Canon material which already had a completed timeline leading up to ROTS.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 19th 2020, 7:59 am
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
Filoni is nothing but a fat fuck with a cowboy fetish
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 19th 2020, 8:42 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:Filoni is nothing but a fat fuck with a cowboy fetish

Harsh, but I don't like his clear bias with his characters. He introduced ****ing TIME TRAVEL to save one of them, that has to be the worst thing ever, especially when the setup for a send off was perfect.
Primarch
Primarch

August 19th 2020, 9:41 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Filoni is nothing but a fat fuck with a cowboy fetish
Jesus lol
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

August 19th 2020, 2:51 pm
Reborn Krayt is massively overrated, is still sub-Vitiate in power.

Dark Empire isn't bad.

Mace and Revan are some of the most wanked characters. Without a Vaapad amp Mace is Dooku level at best. Revan is probably inferior to either. 

Jango >> Boba as a character.

Valk is inferior to Yoda. Even though he has greater destructive power.

Nadd is sub-Bane. Bane already had access to Nadd's holocron and many more.
RhoyneDelta
RhoyneDelta

August 19th 2020, 3:33 pm
Sub-Bane should not even be an insult, Bane not being extremely impressive is a meme that needs to die
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

August 19th 2020, 3:48 pm
Also,

just because some characters fought Luke like: Krayt (kind of), Kueller, Sedriss, lost tribe Sith ect.. Doesn't mean they're anywhere near Luke level because Luke very rarely uses the full extent of his power or even a fraction of it tbh.
Thij
Thij

August 19th 2020, 6:38 pm
-The OT while good. Is overrated in many ways and I think the PT is superior in many aspects.

-The Bane and Thrawn trilogies are meh.

-Dark Empire is good and Zahn can shut up about it.

-LOTF and TFU get too much hate.

-The PT Jedi weren’t that dumb.

-The Old Republic Era is boring in its own ways.

-Plagueis should’ve been offed before TPM.

-TCW Anakin was a terrible portrayal of the character.

-Mara Jade isn’t that interesting, and is honestly waifu bait.

-Sidious isn’t that interesting.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 19th 2020, 7:09 pm
Thij wrote:

-Dark Empire is good and Zahn can shut up about it.

-TCW Anakin was a terrible portrayal of the character.

Wait what did Zahn say about it?

I can agree, especially when it came to Morits, they just wiped their memory? So the whole episode was for nothing basically.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 19th 2020, 7:18 pm
TCW’s portrayal of Anakin as a character was actually decent imo, probably my favourite visual incarnation of the character. The biggest issue with the portrayal of Anakin in TCW is that it doesn’t align with any other version of the character—by the time of ROTS, Anakin is supposed to be a much darker and more brooding character than he is in AOTC, with events like Jabiim and Aargonar take a huge toll on him mentally. TCW fails to portray this transition imo, and instead opts to have Anakin either be happy all the time or have him rage randomly
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 19th 2020, 7:32 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:TCW’s portrayal of Anakin as a character was actually decent imo, probably my favourite visual incarnation of the character. The biggest issue with the portrayal of Anakin in TCW is that it doesn’t align with any other version of the character—by the time of ROTS, Anakin is supposed to be a much darker and more brooding character than he is in AOTC, with events like Jabiim and Aargonar take a huge toll on him mentally. TCW fails to portray this transition imo, and instead opts to have Anakin either be happy all the time or have him rage randomly

Don't forget the Dark Reaper incident.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2020, 2:12 am
CuckedCurry wrote:TCW’s portrayal of Anakin as a character was actually decent imo, probably my favourite visual incarnation of the character. The biggest issue with the portrayal of Anakin in TCW is that it doesn’t align with any other version of the character—by the time of ROTS, Anakin is supposed to be a much darker and more brooding character than he is in AOTC, with events like Jabiim and Aargonar take a huge toll on him mentally. TCW fails to portray this transition imo, and instead opts to have Anakin either be happy all the time or have him rage randomly

Bigfacts
Thij
Thij

August 20th 2020, 11:35 am
:Fair:
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 20th 2020, 12:34 pm
- Mandalorians are overrated.

- PIS/CIS/WIS does exist in SW.

- Abundance of feats don't dictate a winner.
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

August 22nd 2020, 6:21 am
- The Force Unleashed II was an unnecessary sequel, and created unnecessary loose ends;
- Maul should've died in TPM as a badass he was, instead of being continuesly milked and reduced to a pathetic shell of a man he was at the end of his life;
- The Old Republic is a decent game;
- NJO characters are actually very powerful.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

August 23rd 2020, 10:00 pm
Gaunter O'Dimm wrote:- The Force Unleashed II was an unnecessary sequel, and created unnecessary loose ends;
- Maul should've died in TPM as a badass he was, instead of being continuesly milked and reduced to a pathetic shell of a man he was at the end of his life;

1. It probably would have made more sense if we had gotten TFU 3...ooo how I hate that cliffhanger with such a passion.

2. Yes, I agree. Good thing he stayed dead in prior C-Canon though.   Unpopular Star Wars opinions? - Page 4 228124001

Speaking of...

3. There are 2 separate Legends timelines.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

November 23rd 2020, 8:23 am
Interesting thread...
One that pops up in my mind. The romance story between Anakin and Padme wasn't that bad. It makes sense for a dude who had never been taught how to interact with girls to say all that kind of weird stuff to her. What doesn't make sense was how accepting Padme was.
My second opinion is despite how much praise George Lucas gets after Disney's mishandling of Star Wars, that still doesn't mean his version of Star Wars was perfect. Anyone remember those awful special edition changes, Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks etc? This is also why I personally think we should have never had a sequel trilogy to begin with, because even if it was made by Lucas or Disney, it never had a chance of pleasing every Star Wars fan.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 24th 2020, 1:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
1. TCW 08 is canon only. 

2. SWTOR and its content should be its seperate timeline. 

3. Jedi of each era (Except the top tiers) should be roughly comparable in skill, mastery and power. 

4. Cross-era supremacy quotes are heavily biased towards the era in focus and only serves to limit debating as a whole. 

5. CW 03 is realistic for the setting, ranging from the soldiers used (its a galactic-wide war, two-three ships and a few thousand soldiers capturing each planet makes no sense.) and how powerful jedi are (I think cw 03 depicts jedi letting loose and drawing more freely on the force) 

6. Nonforceusers that compete with forceusers likely draw on the force subconsciously to do so. (its noted repeatedly that nonforceusers can learn to use it.)

7. If someone is of the belief that TCW 08 is legends, they have to include the last season. 

8. The only reason TCW Maul is liked by anyone is since he was the only villain allowed screentime/wins.

9. All non-revan KOTOR(1+2) characters are incredibly underrated, both as characters and in debating
DarthFatcow
DarthFatcow

November 24th 2020, 1:38 pm
I like Drew Karpshyn's writing, a lot.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 24th 2020, 2:35 pm
Nute_Chethray wrote:

3. Jedi of each era (Except the top tiers) should be roughly comparable in skill, mastery and power. 

5. CW 03 is realistic for the setting, ranging from the soldiers used (its a galactic-wide war, two-three ships and a few thousand soldiers capturing each planet makes no sense.) and how powerful jedi are (I think cw 03 depicts jedi letting loose and drawing more freely on the force) 

6. Nonforceusers that compete with forceusers likely draw on the force subconsciously to do so. (its noted repeatedly that nonforceusers can learn to use it.)

1. I don’t see why not, although I dunno about DotJ since they would lack a lot compared to the other eras. Assuming you’re meaning the average.

5. I can agree 03 CW within the first 3 minutes set the scope and scale of battles which I liked.

6. What’s the source for this now?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

November 24th 2020, 2:40 pm
supremacy quotes should be treated with caution and not to be used so much on debates

krayt is a really interesting character

george lucas s word is not like if he was a god that determines everything (most EU authors do a better job to handle this)

ROTJ is the second best star wars movie

TFA was the only good sequel out of the other 2 that came after

the bane trilogy is top tier on EU novels

the jedi search books should not exist in the first place since it make kun a really boring character.

most post ROTJ content is more rich in world building than the Prequel era

TPM and aotc are average films not as bad as many people see them but not as good either

Jango>>Boba Fett

despite what most of the fanbase thinks star wars isnt dead in the slightest were getting tons of new content that keeps giving more of a expanding view to this new continuity despite legends not longer being the focus anymore backing up this point its arguably one of the minority of Science fiction material out there that its still pretty much well unlike other franchises like star trek or Doctor who.

Canon should get a little more of attention (in terms on community)

TOR was a mistake greatly for that MMO we dint get Kotor 3

Rogue one is arguably the most interesting film out of all the movies disney have make.

Last edited by The lord of hunger on November 25th 2020, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum