Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Unpopular Star Wars opinions? - Page 8 Empty Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions?

January 20th 2021, 7:18 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
No one’s falling for your redneck bait smallcock
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 20th 2021, 7:27 pm
wtf did i just read
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 20th 2021, 7:29 pm
You read facts my friend.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2021, 9:33 pm
iamthatguy wrote:As for unpopular character rankings:

3. Grievous is a much better pure duelist than Dooku.

9. Starkiller is Savage/Ventress level.

I'm not entirely sure about these two.
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 20th 2021, 9:43 pm
Zenwolf wrote:

Well it is called "unpopular opinions" lol.

Seriously though why do you think Dooku is better than Grievous at dueling?  Grievous is comparably skilled and vastly superior physically, similar to Anakin.

Hence why Grievous was able to stalemate Windu (Dooku's superior) in LoE while hindered by the maglev train.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2021, 9:48 pm
iamthatguy wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Seriously though why do you think Dooku is better than Grievous at dueling?  Grievous is comparably skilled and vastly superior physically, similar to Anakin.

Hence why Grievous was able to stalemate Windu (Dooku's superior) in LoE while hindered by the maglev train.

Oh I was thinking more in technical terms and the like. Although I dunno about being vastly superior physically since Dooku has trained with him and didn't seem to be any worse for wear as far as blocking attacks. I can see an advantage though.
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 20th 2021, 10:20 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
iamthatguy wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

Oh I was thinking more in technical terms and the like. Although I dunno about being vastly superior physically since Dooku has trained with him and didn't seem to be any worse for wear as far as blocking attacks. I can see an advantage though.

Well yeah in technical terms Dooku is better than Grievous, but they're comparable.

As for their spars, Grievous and Dooku both hold back their physicality because spars are more of a test of skill than physical attributes; and holding back physical attributes would affect Grievous much more than Dooku since Grievous is immensely superior to the Count in that area.  Despite that, Grievous can still compete with Dooku in sparring showing they're not too far apart as far as skill goes.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2021, 10:22 pm
iamthatguy wrote:

Well yeah in technical terms Dooku is better than Grievous, but they're comparable.

As for their spars, Grievous and Dooku both hold back their physicality because spars are more of a test of skill than physical attributes; and holding back physical attributes would affect Grievous much more than Dooku since Grievous is immensely superior to the Count in that area.  Despite that, Grievous can still compete with Dooku in sparring showing they're not too far apart as far as skill goes.

Alright that's fair then, I could see a case there.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2021, 10:34 pm
Oh here's another good one I think.

But just because a character is named and has feats, doesn't mean that their feats can't be replicated by someone who is logically above them(at the time) in power and isn't named. This would be where scaling and logical power progression gets taken into account. Unless of course said feat would be illogical for that someone.

A good example of this is perhaps CW Padawan Anakin. I don't see any reason to believe what he performs in the series(again when he was a Padawan), couldn't be performed by a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master, if not to an even greater degree. The only instance that they probably wouldn't be able to do(least off the top of my head), is that CIS Dreadnaught feat in the comic series and the Dark Repear incident.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 20th 2021, 10:49 pm
we should get more info about some other obscure characters or races like Blackhole,Voren faalo,the Dashade and Jeng Droga
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 20th 2021, 10:54 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:we should get more info about some other obscure characters or races like Blackhole,Voren faalo,the Dashade and Jeng Droga

Don't we have a Blackhole RT?

Far as Voren and Jeng go, they are kinda sparse and limited in appearance, so one could really only scale them. Though Jeng is kinda underrated, he's at least one of the more proflic Emperor's Hands other than Mara Jade. But then all of the Hands are kinda underrated anyway given their position and level of power that they have at their command both Force and military wise.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2021, 12:29 am
iamthatguy wrote:You read facts my friend.
maybe if this was a recipe book
Primarch
Primarch

January 21st 2021, 3:13 am
iamthatguy wrote:You read facts my friend.
Krayt > RotJ Sidious > RotS Sidious > Valk
“Facts”
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 21st 2021, 3:20 am
No one’s falling for your redneck bait

And here we are, people falling for his redneck bait ♿
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2021, 9:04 am
Oh another, but I think Kento Marek is a bit underrated. I know he isn't talked about much, but whenever he is brought up he's just regarded as trash when that's not the case. His only negative is losing to Darth Vader of all people...which I don't see why that's a negative, he does have scaling, feats and the like to make him a reputable combatant.

By the by @The lord of hunger

You gave me an idea for a new respect thread!
Primarch
Primarch

January 21st 2021, 9:08 am
Does Kento even have any feats?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2021, 9:11 am
KingKopecz wrote:Does Kento even have any feats?

He does, not really big ones(unless you take gameplay into account?), but decent enough. A bit most of his backing would come from scaling, not so much personal feats, but they are decent.
Primarch
Primarch

January 21st 2021, 9:45 am
Like?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2021, 10:09 am
KingKopecz wrote:Like?

I'll get into it at some point, not now and this thread isn't for this sort of thing anyway.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 21st 2021, 11:01 am
Zenwolf wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:we should get more info about some other obscure characters or races like Blackhole,Voren faalo,the Dashade and Jeng Droga

Far as Voren and Jeng go, they are kinda sparse and limited in appearance, so one could really only scale them. Though Jeng is kinda underrated, he's at least one of the more proflic Emperor's Hands other than Mara Jade. But then all of the Hands are kinda underrated anyway given their position and level of power that they have at their command both Force and military wise.

link for the blackhole RT?

and yes as far as voren and jeng go they have limited appearance in case of the former i wished we get some more info on his character like maybe at least a image as for jeng at least something like a novel where the character can show his abilities
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2021, 12:22 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:

link for the blackhole RT?

and yes as far as voren and jeng go they have limited appearance in case of the former i wished we get some more info on his character like maybe at least a image as for jeng at least something like a novel where the character can show his abilities

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/deactivated-5aba78567e8b5/blog/cronal-respect-thread/104350/
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 21st 2021, 4:16 pm
thx
Primarch
Primarch

January 24th 2021, 4:50 pm
Let's add a few more cause why not:
-Revan was more powerful than Vitiate as of the Revan novel.
-The only good thing about SWtOR is Malgus.
-Vader isn't that high among the Banite's and Bane is capable of giving him a decent fight.
-Nihilus is Kaan level
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 24th 2021, 5:17 pm
KingKopecz wrote:Let's add a few more cause why not:

-Nihilus is Kaan level

1. But he lost?

2. Why?
Primarch
Primarch

January 24th 2021, 5:27 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
KingKopecz wrote:Let's add a few more cause why not:

-Nihilus is Kaan level

1. But he lost?

2. Why?

1. For 2 reasons. Firstly Revan was winning the fight before Vitiate got enraged and secondly Revan, Meetra and Scourge had a 50% chance at winning against Vitiate. Considering Meetra and Scourge are pretty much non-factors because they lost to Nyriss and Revan describes Vitiate as being “infinitely” more powerful than Nyriss, they would’ve hardly been on help. The fight took place on 2 DS nexii (DK and Vitiate’s throne room) so he probably had more of an advantage than Revan.

2. Nihilus’ claim to fame is draining the population of Katarr which doesn’t impress me more than Kaan escaping the thought bomb as a spirit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum