Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Galan007
Galan007

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

June 23rd 2020, 5:45 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:I feel it's worth mentioning, the first chapter explicitly mentions that the freighter had been flying along the most well-charted and commonly-used hyperlane into the Outer Rim. The issue isn't that it was a single freighter falling apart, the issue is where it fell apart. It sounds like that hyperlane is the main one used for travel between the Core Worlds and the Rim Worlds. With it being effectively shut down due to debris, that means the Core and Rim Worlds are effectively isolated from each other.
Good point.

Perhaps that is the cause for concern, as the Outer Rim being majorly cut-off from the Core worlds would allow lawlessness and whatnot(in the form of the Nihil) to start running rampant, without the fear of significant Republic/Jedi intervention.

Still not sure why they couldn't use a different hyperlane to access the Outer Rim, but hopefully that will be explained as well... Maybe hyperlanes weren't as easy to come by back then. /shrug
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

June 23rd 2020, 10:41 pm
Galan007 wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:I feel it's worth mentioning, the first chapter explicitly mentions that the freighter had been flying along the most well-charted and commonly-used hyperlane into the Outer Rim. The issue isn't that it was a single freighter falling apart, the issue is where it fell apart. It sounds like that hyperlane is the main one used for travel between the Core Worlds and the Rim Worlds. With it being effectively shut down due to debris, that means the Core and Rim Worlds are effectively isolated from each other.
Good point.

Perhaps that is the cause for concern, as the Outer Rim being majorly cut-off from the Core worlds would allow lawlessness and whatnot(in the form of the Nihil) to start running rampant, without the fear of significant Republic/Jedi intervention.

Still not sure why they couldn't use a different hyperlane to access the Outer Rim, but hopefully that will be explained as well... Maybe hyperlanes weren't as easy to come by back then. /shrug
From what I recall, hyperlane mapping is incredibly dangerous, and the farther from the Core Worlds you get, the less stable hyperlanes are. Don't remember if that's Legends or Canon info, though, but it's likely why the Outer Rim doesn't have as thoroughly mapped hyperlanes. Either way, I'm looking forward to the full novel.
Galan007
Galan007

September 1st 2020, 10:43 am
Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 OFAu0t6l Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 RoPWkPvl
Yoda will feature prominently in Daniel Jose Older's Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures comic, coming 2021 from IDW Publishing; the Jedi Master that Older depicts in his series, however, won't be quite the same sage-like being we know.

"It's especially exciting to be able to introduce him in the era of the High Republic," Older tells StarWars.com. "The High Republic Yoda is a journeyman out in the galaxy." According to Older, the Emperor's "little green friend" will still be treading somewhat familiar ground -- that of teacher.

"While he's already a respected member of the Jedi Council at this point, we meet Yoda in IDW's The High Republic Adventures series doing what he loves best: looking out for the young folks -- in this case, a group of Padawans traveling around the galaxy to learn the ways of the Jedi with a hands-on approach," Older says. "The Force study abroad program, basically."
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 1st 2020, 11:34 pm
Why does Yoda have Snoke's golden bathrobe?

September 2nd 2020, 7:34 am
Heh. First thing I thought of also. Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 1289255181

What concerns me is that Yoda's going to be featured predominately in the IDW/Adventures side of this event... And outside of a few outliers, IDW's SW line has historically been absolute garbage.
winebottle
winebottle

October 3rd 2020, 12:11 pm
I'm stoked I figured he'd be featured in this era given his longevity. I'm curious if we'll see any of his previous students.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 6th 2021, 12:13 pm
So what I've been hearing so far as of Issue one of the comic series is that...it's garbage.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 12:47 pm
Zenwolf wrote:So what I've been hearing so far as of Issue one of the comic series is that...it's garbage.

Oh? Do tell.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 1:06 pm
Havent read the comic yet but so far the novel by charles soule is actually pretty good as far as im reading it the first ten chapters are slow but once you go to the eleventh it starts taking form i get vibes of the bane trilogy upon reading it further

the junior book is decent nothing too impressive but not too bad either.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 6th 2021, 1:08 pm
Tybalt wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:So what I've been hearing so far as of Issue one of the comic series is that...it's garbage.

Oh? Do tell.

This video sums it up.

Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 1:24 pm
Wow, that looks awful.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 1:28 pm
why just relying on one video tho?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 6th 2021, 1:31 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:why just relying on one video tho?

There’s others saying similar plus seeing some of the panels I’m already seeing disaster.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 1:54 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:why just relying on one video tho?

There’s others saying similar plus seeing some of the panels I’m already seeing disaster.

... well just read the comic and yeah its bad maybe those were not that well thought to begin with but nothing SJW about it

Last edited by The lord of hunger on January 7th 2021, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galan007
Galan007

January 6th 2021, 9:57 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So Yoda is still the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order in The High Republic era... But it's a shared position with Grandmaster Veter:
Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-2021-01-of-06-011 Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-2021-01-of-06-012

And I'm still reading through Light of the Jedi(which is pretty good so far, tbh), but I found it interesting that a new Jedi by the name of Porter Engle was lowkey given some parity with Yoda in sabers:
He was simply slicing the mines in half as they popped out of the ground. One after another--the maneuver Bell had performed just once and didn't even truly understand how he'd managed, Porter was doing again and again. The expression on his face never changed. His blade flashed, and the metal fell, and he remained untouched.

Both Bell and Loden were transfixed. They were both good swordsmen, and Loden had some claim to being great. But this was like nothing they had ever seen. Not at the Jedi Temple, not from Master Yoda or Zaviel Tepp, or even old Arkoff. Bell couldn't imagine what it would be like to face Porter Engle in combat. The display of skill was beautiful, and they could not stop watching...

Also, Yarael Poof and Oppo Rancisis were alive(and serving as Council members) during this era.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 10:33 pm
pretty interesting (despite that i spoiled myself lol) however do we know the prime of yoda in the new continuity?
Galan007
Galan007

January 7th 2021, 7:44 am
As of now, we don't know where HR Yoda's skill stood in comparison to his RotS self, no.

That said, it's still an ambiguous line, because for all we know the Jedi present had only seen Yoda in sparring sessions and whatnot... So the skill they have actually seen Yoda display thus far may not be indicative of his peak.

Still thought it was interesting, though.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 9:06 am
Interesting stuff.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 7th 2021, 2:56 pm
i read it yesterday. the lizard master guy is interesting, but boy is everything else very shit.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 7th 2021, 7:39 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i read it yesterday. the lizard master guy is interesting, but boy is everything else very shit.

not really
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

January 7th 2021, 8:43 pm
I genuinely don't understand all the complaints about the first issue of the comic. People calling it bad, or shit, or terrible, but not actually saying what they think is wrong with it. The video provided is idiotic and deliberately ignoring the fact that this is a multi-media project, with one story being told across multiple sources (no different from Shadows of the Empire).

He spends a good chunk of the video just complaining about the "NPC" hairstyle and expressions of the main character. Judging from the guy's other recent videos, I'm inclined to believe this is due to some heavy, heavy racial bias on his part (dude posted a video 12 hours ago that appears to be openly supporting the storming of the Capitol building by white supremacists and neo-nazis, which I refuse to watch). He spends so much time complaining about her constantly being angry or scowling. But look at characters like Starkiller. Fan favorite, despite constantly "scowling" or "being angry." So why do fans love it there, but this guy constantly bashes it here? Clearly his problem with the haircut and facial expressions of the character are more of an indication that he has issues than there being issues with the comic.

He complains about the Trandoshan only having one arm, ignoring the fact that the characters openly discuss the fact that the character suffered that injury very recently in that comic. An injury which we see take place in Light of the Jedi. It's not like Trandoshans are Piccolo from DBZ. They can't just immediately regenerate in under a minute.

And yes, the little flying creatures are annoying. That's the point. The main character finds them annoying. They're a distraction to her Jedi trial. A character is allowed to be obnoxious if their role in the story is to be obnoxious.

He also spends a great, great deal of time repeatedly calling the issue boring, yet in the video he outright refuses to talk about the action. Barely showing any of what actually happened in the comic, and instead just reiterating that it's "boring." He then throws out utterly baseless claims about Yoda being "cucked" by the new characters, when Yoda is getting an entire comic run all to himself and his team of Jedi starting in February.

"They've been doing nothing but putting original characters down to make their new characters better," he claims. Clearly he isn't aware of the insane amounts of Vader wank that have been going on for over 3 separate series. Or the Yoda story that happened in the mainline Star Wars comic, where Yoda moved mountains.

He tries to say that a Padawan having a Force vision is bullshit, and it must be some new power just for her. It's a very generic Force vision, and is treated as such in the chapter.

He repeatedly, over and over again, calls Sskeer "disabled," as if it's an insult. Think he throws the same insults out about Vader every time he sees him? Or Maul?

And yes, they never reveal in this chapter why Sskeer was yelling. Because hey, foreshadowing is a thing. They have to leave some mystery for later chapters. It's how you keep readers interested.

That video was basically the most trash, "anti-SJW" "Fandom Menace" bullshit clickbait video I've watched since The Last Jedi came out. I wouldn't even call it a review. It's just the dude throwing out baseless insults and accusations and not really providing any actual valid criticism. He just kept saying, "it's boring, but I refuse to show you the action that happened. Also I don't like this haircut or the fact that a POC always looks angry, and this lizard is disabled. Disabled. Disabled."
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 7th 2021, 9:59 pm
the only reason why i dint like the new comic that came out recently is becuase it felt kinda rushed in the most part sometimes i like a story that takes their time to introduce a character or developing the main plot instead of going full action straight way.

but yeah most of the claims of that video are dogshit

not only becuase there isnt even a goddamn thing about SJW stuff on the comic like the guy tries to claim

secondly that youtube channel cames from the same hord of other fandom of the site that watches type of content like nerdocritic (mindless drones that think anything is woke this days)

its better to ignore it and just leave it like that besides youtube s a rabbit hole when it comes to opinions.

Underachiever599
Underachiever599

January 7th 2021, 11:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I agree the comic felt pretty rushed. But I try to overlook that, since I know it's literally just set up for the actual story that's coming. I'm reserving any judgement for the High Republic comic until at least a full arc has been released.
Gianfi
Gianfi

January 8th 2021, 4:01 am
Agreed, that video is full of bias and prejudice. A person is free to not like the comic, but his reasons don't really make sense
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 8th 2021, 9:19 am
The team making it looks like a bunch of pussies more interested in getting some gay ass agendas out there more so than star wars lore
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum