Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Empty Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

February 25th 2020, 12:45 am
A new multi-media project originally title 'Project Luminous' as finally been revealed. Dubbed the 'High Republic', this Era takes place 200 years before TPM. The Jedi are at the height of their power & there is peace in the galaxy. So far, only books & comcs have been announced. But, apparently, this is Phase 1.

PICS

Charles Soule Novel
Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Star-w10

Pics courtesy of Star Wars Explained on Twitter -

IDW Comic

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Captur12

Claudia Gray Novel

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Captur13

The Nihil (Space Vikings)

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Captur14

Jedi Concept Art

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Captur15

Annnnnnndddd a Trailer...

There you have it folks! The first REAL piece of Disney Star Wars.

Last edited by The Slick Obi on February 25th 2020, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

February 25th 2020, 6:53 am
Mneh
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

February 25th 2020, 7:58 am
Could be good, but I probably won't devote much if any time to since there is still so much Legends content to explore.

February 25th 2020, 8:24 am
Did anyone see their "brainstorming" whiteboard?
Eeek
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 25th 2020, 1:19 pm
Yeah, dinosaurs, Sith Empire, & rival houses sound pretty interesting.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 25th 2020, 7:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Will probably check it out since it won't be too much to read, and is some of the more interesting content canon will produce, at least I think it will be.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 26th 2020, 12:48 am
Cheth wrote:Will probably check it out since it won't be too much to read, and is some of the more interesting content canon will produce, at least I think it will be.
Agreed
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

March 15th 2020, 3:29 pm
I hope it’s good
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 15th 2020, 3:31 pm
i think it would be hella cool if we got to see young yoda (idk what the timeframe for this is tho)
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 15th 2020, 4:26 pm
Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) Giphy
Galan007
Galan007

March 15th 2020, 5:11 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i think it would be hella cool if we got to see young yoda (idk what the timeframe for this is tho)
It's set 200 years before TPM.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 15th 2020, 5:24 pm
Galan007 wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i think it would be hella cool if we got to see young yoda (idk what the timeframe for this is tho)
It's set 200 years before TPM.
so we prolly will. oh man, we might see yaddle and plo koon too. this is pretty cool tbh. maybe tenebrous as well, if they make him canon
Galan007
Galan007

March 15th 2020, 6:45 pm
Tenebrous is a canon Sith Lord:
https://i.imgur.com/ooC8m3R.jpg

But we know nothing about his [canon] backstory as of now.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 15th 2020, 7:15 pm
@Galan007 Since they're "ancient Sith lords", I doubt Tenebrous would be featured.
Galan007
Galan007

March 15th 2020, 7:49 pm
I mean, they *could* spin "ancient" to mean just a couple hundred years... Wouldn't exactly be the biggest stretch we've seen in canon, lol.

But on that note, I do wonder if we'll see the Sith of that era. Even if they aren't behind the Nihil invasion, I'm sure they would still notice a "cataclysmic event" that sends the galaxy into a frenzy. They'd likely take it one of two ways:
a.) The Sith are glad it happens, because the galaxy is being destabilized without the Jedi becoming aware of their existence.
b.) They perceive the Nihil as "rivals" or somesuch.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

March 15th 2020, 8:19 pm
Galan007 wrote:I mean, they *could* spin "ancient" to mean just a couple hundred years... Wouldn't exactly be the biggest stretch we've seen in canon, lol.

But on that note, I do wonder if we'll see the Sith of that era. Even if they aren't behind the Nihil invasion, I'm sure they would still notice a "cataclysmic event" that sends the galaxy into a frenzy. They'd likely take it one of two ways:
a.) The Sith are glad it happens, because the galaxy is being destabilized without the Jedi becoming aware of their existence.
b.) They perceive the Nihil as "rivals" or somesuch.

I'm hoping for the latter of those two options personally.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 9:09 pm
Really interested to see the result of this new timeline
Galan007
Galan007

May 26th 2020, 4:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Thanks to general marketplace delays, this event has been postponed until January 2021:

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 0f5WsvNh

Very disappointing.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

May 26th 2020, 10:10 pm
With the plethora of unfinished video games released these days I'm honestly happy for delays since it shows that the creators actually care about the finished product and aren't there to just make a quick buck. This was also the case with the sequel trilogy; this is an indication they're learning. Let's hope final product delivers.

May 27th 2020, 8:39 am
As disappointing as it is(because I was really looking forward to this event kicking off in August), it's a good business move.

There are a TON of releases that have already been delayed due the the COVID kneejerk. Once things open back up in a few weeks, they'll be playing catch-up to try and get all of the backlogged comics/novels on the market... And they don't want any of that material to steal the limelight from The High Republic's launch.

Like Az said: at least this will given them ample time to fine-tune this project, and get more material lined up and ready to go... Still sucks that we have to wait until next year, though. Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 1648373583
Galan007
Galan007

June 22nd 2020, 9:11 pm
Charles Soule reveals what the "galaxy wide disaster" that kickstarts this event is:
The moment that changes The High Republic forever, is an explosive disaster on the scale of The Last Jedi's Holdo Maneuver.

The destruction of the Legacy Run is the catalyst for a galaxy-wide disaster. Fragments of the destroyed cargo vessel begin flying out of hyperspace at super-accelerated speeds, meaning that deadly missiles of debris can appear anywhere at any time, from the Outer Rim to the Core. In this moment of crisis, the Republic turns to the guardians of peace and justice: the Jedi.

The opening beats of Light of the Jedi depict an epic disaster, and a heroic, thrilling response by both the Republic and the Jedi to save lives and end the crisis. It's just the beginning, though. The Legacy Run disaster kicks off a much larger story; it really is just one piece of a much bigger saga.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

June 23rd 2020, 11:20 am
Galan007 wrote:Charles Soule reveals what the "galaxy wide disaster" that kickstarts this event is:
The moment that changes The High Republic forever, is an explosive disaster on the scale of The Last Jedi's Holdo Maneuver.

The destruction of the Legacy Run is the catalyst for a galaxy-wide disaster. Fragments of the destroyed cargo vessel begin flying out of hyperspace at super-accelerated speeds, meaning that deadly missiles of debris can appear anywhere at any time, from the Outer Rim to the Core. In this moment of crisis, the Republic turns to the guardians of peace and justice: the Jedi.

The opening beats of Light of the Jedi depict an epic disaster, and a heroic, thrilling response by both the Republic and the Jedi to save lives and end the crisis. It's just the beginning, though. The Legacy Run disaster kicks off a much larger story; it really is just one piece of a much bigger saga.
Interesting... I really wish this wasn't delayed, man Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 1648373583 .
Galan007
Galan007

June 23rd 2020, 12:14 pm
Tbh, I don't think I'm sold on the idea that the hyperspace debris from a single cargo vessel can cause this massive galactic calamity that sends the entire Republic into a frenzy, and forces the Jedi Order to take immediate action... And if it can, then why aren't more baddies doing this shit on the regular? I mean, it's not exactly hard to duplicate. Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 1220391476

Even though the Nihil are sure to be responsible, my first thought is that "super-fast freighter debris = galaxy-wide devastation" seems like a very anticlimactic(bordering on stupid) way to kick-off the event... So hopefully there will be more to it once things are properly fleshed out, because as of now the concept just seems inherently broken, imo. /shrug

**Also, an excerpt from the first chapter of Soule's Light of the Jedi can be read here. It details the aforementioned 'incident' a bit more.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

June 23rd 2020, 12:43 pm
Galan007 wrote:Tbh, I don't think I'm sold on the idea that the hyperspace debris from a single cargo vessel can cause this massive galactic calamity that sends the entire Republic into a frenzy, and forces the Jedi Order to take immediate action... And if it can, then why aren't more baddies doing this shit on the regular? I mean, it's not exactly hard to duplicate. Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 1220391476

Even though the Nihil are sure to be responsible, my first thought is that "super-fast freighter debris = galaxy-wide devastation" seems like a very anticlimactic(bordering on stupid) way to kick-off the event... So hopefully there will be more to it once things are properly fleshed out, because as of now the concept just seems inherently broken, imo. /shrug

**Also, an excerpt from the first chapter of Soule's Light of the Jedi can be read here. It details the aforementioned 'incident' a bit more.
Hmmm, good point on the whole - If it is that easy & destructive, why haven't more people done it? - Hopefully the novel explains it succinctly enough. 

Also, thanks for the excerpt link. I liked it. Although, the way the the state of the Republic was explained, definitely makes me think that this should be more than 200 years before TPM.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

June 23rd 2020, 5:08 pm
Galan007 wrote:Tbh, I don't think I'm sold on the idea that the hyperspace debris from a single cargo vessel can cause this massive galactic calamity that sends the entire Republic into a frenzy, and forces the Jedi Order to take immediate action... And if it can, then why aren't more baddies doing this shit on the regular? I mean, it's not exactly hard to duplicate. Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) 1220391476

I feel it's worth mentioning, the first chapter explicitly mentions that the freighter had been flying along the most well-charted and commonly-used hyperlane into the Outer Rim. The issue isn't that it was a single freighter falling apart, the issue is where it fell apart. It sounds like that hyperlane is the main one used for travel between the Core Worlds and the Rim Worlds. With it being effectively shut down due to debris, that means the Core and Rim Worlds are effectively isolated from each other.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum