Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tybalt
Tybalt

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus Empty Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus

January 7th 2021, 12:03 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
DARISH VOL IS CAPPED UNDER DARTH CAEDUS

Bound by First Look: Blood Oath

A C-Canon source exists that states that Darth Caedus is "the most powerful of the Sith Lords" as of 41 ABY.

I'm talking of course about the First Look article posted on the SW.com website for the since-cancelled book, Blood Oath:

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus Darth_17

I. CANON OR NOT?

While the book was ultimately cancelled, the article being posted on the SW.com website automatically makes it a C-Canon source as per LFL policy the official Star Wars website is C-Canon.

The contents of the book may be N-Canon but per LFL policy a source being contradicted only has the specific contradiction cut, while the rest of the source remains C-Canon.

Blurbs and publisher summaries are N-Canon but LFL policy says that N-Canon sources become C-Canon if covered under a C-Canon source.

The article is undeniably a C-Canon source.

II. DATE OF ARTICLE

The First Look article is dated January 6, 2009.

III. DARISH VOL'S FIRST APPEARANCE

Darish Vol's first appearance was in Fate of the Jedi: Omen, released on June 23, 2009.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Fate_of_the_Jedi:_Omen

IV. HIS TRUE FIRST APPEARANCE

However,, there was a Book News article posted on the SW.com website (automatically making it a C-Canon source) for Fate of the Jedi: Omen, released on February 7, 2009.

This article directly refers to "Jacen Solo's shocking transformation into murderous Sith Lord Darth Caedus", and directly refers to the "lost tribe of Sith" that appears in Fate of the Jedi: Omen, which is headed by Darish Vol.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100311080926/http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090207.html

V. WHEN WAS BLOOD OATH CANCELLED?

Blood Oath was officially cancelled on August 14, 2009.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100919124452/http://www.njoe.com/2009/08/14/blood-oath-and-fett-novel-officially-canceled/

VI. CONCLUSION

This means that Darish Vol is capped under Darth Caedus as his character had demonstrably been conceived at the time of the First Look article, and his Sith Order introduced to the public in a C-Canon source.

Darish Vol is capped under Darth Caedus as of 41 ABY, and there is no reason to believe that he grew between then and 43 ABY.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus Empty Re: Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus

January 7th 2021, 12:38 pm
A thread for this quote already exists
Tybalt
Tybalt

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus Empty Re: Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus

January 7th 2021, 12:42 pm
KingofBlades wrote:A thread for this quote already exists

A thread that wasn't sure if it included Darish Vol. This is proof that it does.
Supreme Leader Ren
Supreme Leader Ren

January 7th 2021, 12:42 pm
Perfect Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus 1289255181
Primarch
Primarch

January 7th 2021, 12:43 pm
Literally nothing insinuates blurbs become C canon if they’re posted on the website.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

January 7th 2021, 12:56 pm
Sith Archavist
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 1:00 pm
KingKopecz wrote:Literally nothing insinuates blurbs become C canon if they’re posted on the website.

SW.com is a C-Canon website. If a blurb is published on a C-Canon website it becomes C-Canon itself per LFL policy.
Primarch
Primarch

January 7th 2021, 1:04 pm
Citation?
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 1:08 pm
KingKopecz wrote:Citation?

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus C-cano12
Primarch
Primarch

January 7th 2021, 1:24 pm
Tybalt wrote:

That only applies to something that’s originally S-canon
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 1:29 pm
@KingKopecz

No, he's answering a fan's question on how the canon levels work. The S-Canon remark was just part of his answer.

It's the highlighted section which directly states "If it's referenced in another non-+Tales+ source, then elevate it to C-canon" that matters.
Vengean
Vengean

January 7th 2021, 1:49 pm
If we stick to feats then Vol = FoTJ Luke Caedus = LoTF Luke. Vol is 1 tier above Caedus and would beat him.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 1:55 pm
Vengean wrote:If we stick to feats then Vol = FoTJ Luke Caedus = LoTF Luke. Vol is 1 tier above Caedus and would beat him.

Except Vol isn't equal to FotJ Luke.

Abeloth sat huddled in Ship's interior. She had not revealed to Khai or anyone just how badly wounded she had been by the attack on Kesh. Vol had much of the power of Skywalker, combined with experience, and it had been a devastating encounter.

Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 7th 2021, 4:30 pm
Bane > Valk confirmed. 

Vol then underwent massive growth within a year. Because I doubt he would be overpowered by Aurra Sing. Also he can confirmed wrist flick Kyle and Kyp. Which amped Caedus demonstrably can't.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 7th 2021, 5:08 pm
Why would he be capped under Caedus at all, for one this would be pre prime Vol, also Vol wasn't even invented at the time this quote was made
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 5:20 pm
Vaelias wrote:Why would he be capped under Caedus at all, for one this would be pre prime Vol, also Vol wasn't even invented at the time this quote was made

Oh dear, someone didn't read the post or click on the links.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 7th 2021, 5:29 pm
Tybalt wrote:
Vaelias wrote:Why would he be capped under Caedus at all, for one this would be pre prime Vol, also Vol wasn't even invented at the time this quote was made

Oh dear, someone didn't read the post or click on the links.

I read it and still doesn't mean he's capped at all lol

This means that Darish Vol is capped under Darth Caedus as his character had demonstrably been conceived at the time of the First Look article, and his Sith Order introduced to the public in a C-Canon source.

What on earth are you trying to say here

Blood Oath 28 April 2009

FOTJ Omen 23 June 2009

Also we have no reason not to believe Vol grew during those years

Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 5:33 pm
@Vaelias

Obviously you didn't read it. The section is kind of hard to miss.

IV. HIS TRUE FIRST APPEARANCE

However,, there was a Book News article posted on the SW.com website (automatically making it a C-Canon source) for Fate of the Jedi: Omen, released on February 7, 2009.

This article directly refers to "Jacen Solo's shocking transformation into murderous Sith Lord Darth Caedus", and directly refers to the "lost tribe of Sith" that appears in Fate of the Jedi: Omen, which is headed by Darish Vol.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100311080926/http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090207.html
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 7th 2021, 6:08 pm
KingKopecz wrote:
Tybalt wrote:

Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus 1289255181
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 6:12 pm
@VictreebelVictr

No, he's answering a fan's question on how the canon levels work. The S-Canon remark was just part of his answer.

It's the highlighted section which directly states "If it's referenced in another non-+Tales+ source, then elevate it to C-canon" that matters.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 7th 2021, 6:32 pm
@Tybalt: Welcome to SI, BTW. Would I know you from another site?

[hideedit]

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on January 7th 2021, 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 6:33 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:@Tybalt: Welcome to SI, BTW. Would I know you from another site?

Thanks. I don't think so?

While you are here can you weigh in on the LFL policy please?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 7th 2021, 6:41 pm
I think your argument is consistent with LFL policy.  Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus 1289255181 As to whether I personally agree, I think there is perhaps a more preferable, more consistent approach with LFL policy that I actually plan to write a blog on in the upcomings weeks. But, again, I get and appreciate what you're doing here. I like it.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 7th 2021, 6:44 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:I think your argument is consistent with LFL policy.  Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus 1289255181 As to whether I personally agree, I think there is perhaps a more preferable, more consistent approach with LFL policy that I actually plan to write a blog on in the upcomings weeks. But, again, I get and appreciate what you're doing here. I like it.

Thanks. I look forward to reading it. Darish Vol Is Capped Under Darth Caedus 1289255181
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum