Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gᴏᴀᴛ
Gᴏᴀᴛ

Corran Horn vs. Darth Maul  Empty Corran Horn vs. Darth Maul

April 22nd 2019, 9:18 pm
Corran Horn vs. Darth Maul  19087410

• Corran Horn as of Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse.
  • Darth Maul as of The Phantom Menace.
  • POWER.
  • No prep or foreknowledge.
  • Starting distance: 100m
Bart
Bart

Corran Horn vs. Darth Maul  Empty Re: Corran Horn vs. Darth Maul

April 22nd 2019, 9:23 pm
Corran wins, legit lmfao.

His Force powers are completely different than Maul's, completely opposite skillsets, but Horn is far more insane in his area of expertise, and he's undeniably a greater swordsman.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2019, 9:43 pm
Maul wins.
Gᴏᴀᴛ
Gᴏᴀᴛ

April 22nd 2019, 9:46 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Maul wins.

Reasons?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2019, 9:57 pm
Bart wrote:Corran wins, legit lmfao.

His Force powers are completely different than Maul's, completely opposite skillsets, but Horn is far more insane in his area of expertise, and he's undeniably a greater swordsman.
wtf makes you think "he's undeniably a better swordsman"? lol
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2019, 10:00 pm
ɢᴏᴀᴛ wrote:

Reasons?
Better duelist by a very solid margin, physically outclasses Corran in every way, and his TK could easily expose Corran's *practically* non-existent force wall
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 22nd 2019, 10:02 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
ɢᴏᴀᴛ wrote:

Reasons?
and his TK could easily expose Corran's *practically* non-existent force wall

Worth noting that although Corran lacks Force walls, his tutaminis can swallow telekinetic blasts from Kyp Durron, so I'm not sure Maul could do much there.

I agree with you though that Maul's a significantly better combatant and should win. @Bart, why do you think otherwise?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2019, 10:16 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
ɢᴏᴀᴛ wrote:

Reasons?
and his TK could easily expose Corran's *practically* non-existent force wall

Worth noting that although Corran lacks Force walls, his tutaminis can swallow telekinetic blasts from Kyp Durron, so I'm not sure Maul could do much there.

I agree with you though that Maul's a significantly better combatant and should win. @Bart, why do you think otherwise?
Well yes, his tutaminis can swallow Maul's TK attacks (we discussed this earlier, lol) but if Maul were to catch him off guard to where Corran wouldn't be able to absorb the attack, then maul could just rag doll via TK since Corran doesn't have the force barrier to resist such attacks(Im not incredibly well versed in Corran so I could be way off). Regardless of if Maul could do this or not, it doesn't really matter cause Maul is a much better duelist.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

April 22nd 2019, 11:30 pm
Maul until I can see some actual good TK absorption and duelling feats for Corran. It takes him time to utilise his absorption and I don't see a reason for Maul not to instantly snap his neck or just shred him in sabers.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

April 23rd 2019, 12:43 am
Maul has this in a decent but never too close fight.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 23rd 2019, 6:04 am
People are seriously underestimating Corran. The guy was still good enough to take down 5 sith sabers at once( which were pretty good when you consider hat they scale above Vestara Khai) while massively injured and exhausted at the point of near unconsciousness.
I would agree with the general consensus that Maul wins, but it’s a pretty good fight.
I think i’ll Make an argument if I menaged to take the time.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 23rd 2019, 6:23 am
mastercilghal wrote:People are seriously underestimating Corran. The guy was still good enough to take down 5 sith sabers at once( which were pretty good when you consider hat they scale above Vestara Khai) while massively injured and exhausted at the point of near unconsciousness.
I would agree with the general consensus that Maul wins, but it’s a pretty good fight.
Firstly, why do they scale above her and why is that impressive to begin with?

Second, if he was massively injured, exhausted and nearly unconscious... he's going to be a pretty shite fighter, which makes me question how good the Sith Sabers really are if they lost to him in such a state.

In any case, I don't see why beating 5 Sith sabers even registers next to Maul, or anything else Corran has done to make me think he can win this, but I'm open to being convinced.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 23rd 2019, 6:50 am
ILS wrote:
mastercilghal wrote:People are seriously underestimating Corran. The guy was still good enough to take down 5 sith sabers at once( which were pretty good when you consider hat they scale above Vestara Khai) while massively injured and exhausted at the point of near unconsciousness.

Second, if he was massively injured, exhausted and nearly unconscious... he's going to be a pretty shite fighter, which makes me question how good the Sith Sabers really are if they lost to him in such a state.

In any case, I don't see why beating 5 Sith sabers even registers next to Maul, or anything else Corran has done to make me think he can win this, but I'm open to being convinced.

I’ll respond soon, and hopefully convince you Corran is not completely outclassed. ( I never said he takes a majority, btw ). Just give me some time to research a bit more.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 23rd 2019, 6:54 am
Well, my position atm is that he can't even take 1 win out of 10, and that he is completely outclassed, so that's where we're starting from.
LSDMB
LSDMB

April 23rd 2019, 7:19 am
ILS wrote:
They don't. Vestara actually defeated her father, Gavar KHai who was definitely one of the more powerful Sith Sabers.

A Sith Saber is basically the Lost Tribe's equivalent rank to Jedi Knight.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 23rd 2019, 7:34 am
LSDMB wrote:
ILS wrote:
They don't. Vestara actually defeated her father, Gavar KHai who was definitely one of the more powerful Sith Sabers.

A Sith Saber is basically the Lost Tribe's equivalent rank to Jedi Knight.

Well, I was referring to early Vestara. And even then she was struggling with one of them during Apocalypse.
Haggis
Haggis

April 23rd 2019, 11:25 am
Can't see Corran winning this, tbh.
dark-sith123
dark-sith123

April 23rd 2019, 11:28 am
Corran Horn is outclassed here. He could potentially put up a fight, but Maul is obviously the better fighter.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 11:29 am
Maul shreds him.
SummertimeSadness
SummertimeSadness

April 23rd 2019, 3:42 pm
It comes down to how effectively you think Maul can TK Horn. They're on a fairly similar level as duellists.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 8th 2019, 9:46 am
Maul
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four