Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) Empty SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax)

August 7th 2019, 9:07 pm
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 6745689-6817694986-DWFtz

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 939cf9ce667f879d6028b68f342e4e3fbafa0a06cb6c7e4e561bc3288e265b4d_1

Tentatively, there will be three posts per side. The first post, not including response or sourcing quotes, will have a maximum of 10,000 original characters, the second 17,500, and the third 25,000. Each debater will have a 2,500 finisher. The verdict will be decided by a panel of judges to be announced.

This thread follows all default stipulations listed in the "Guidelines" thread. Additional rules are as follows:

• Feats take precedent over directly and indisputably contradicted statements.
  • Quotes are binding and have no expiration date unless directly or subtextually contradicted. For the latter, such a case must be made within the debate itself.
  • All letter or number statistics ascribed to characters from C-Canon sources, including role-playing games and trading cards, are banned.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) Empty Re: SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax)

August 7th 2019, 9:15 pm
Thanks AP.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) Empty Re: SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax)

August 7th 2019, 9:16 pm
Indeed, give me awhile to get some decent character art.

🇪🇭
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 7th 2019, 9:17 pm
Anyway, TAEP.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 7th 2019, 9:39 pm
TAEP and good luck to both debaters!
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

August 7th 2019, 10:30 pm
Interesting.

Should be a good matchup to say the least.
AncientPower
AncientPower

August 8th 2019, 1:33 pm
I'm not going to mess around on this one, nor do I see a reason to, instead I'll play a full opener and a lot of it is the kinds of arguments I've not used before in a Kun debate.

Exar Kun himself, has a great many epic feats. But getting to that juicy morsel would be premature. Let's instead look at a few of Kun's enemies during this time, just to get an idea of what he's facing at this time:

Exhibit A: Tott Doneeta

Tott Doneeta manages to hold off a Ryloth heat storm with the Force:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 47207010

These heat storms have speeds of 500 kilometers an hour and a temperature of 300 degrees celcius:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 47207210

These things were immense:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 47207310

They can reduce a person to dust before they can collapse:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4720733-lsumxffa
Exhibit B: Nomi Sunrider

Aleema Keto and her cousin Satal, are chosen by Freedon Nadd over King Ommin as better apprentices:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4714401-star%20wars%20omnibus%20-%20tales%20of%20the%20jedi%20vol%2002%20%282008%29%20%28digital-empire%29%20049

Ommin was a powerful sorceror, who could cast a shadow of corruption over Onderon and dominate the populace with the dark side:

Tales of the Jedi Companion wrote:King Ommin rose to power in the same manner as his ancestors of the last three centuries: by dominating the populace of Onderon with the dark side.

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4244438-ommin%20summons%20nadd3

Ommin himself was strong enough to overpower Arca Jeth:
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4244435-ommin%20overpowers%20arca

Arca in turn overcame the dark taint of Freedon Nadd's sarcophagus and ended Queen Amanoa:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4710223-028%20006%20battles%20%26%20events%20-%203999bby%20ond4a

These energies are not insignificant, the sarcophagus still has so much power that 50 years later, it is a significant site for the Sith Triumvirate where Darth Nihilus seeks to drain the power of the tomb:

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Official Prima Game Guide wrote:Whether because you want to deny them Freedon Nadd's power or because you refuse to share it with anyone else, you have no choice but to fight.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords wrote:"I can taste the power of the dark side here. Freedon Nadd must have been truly great to leave such an impact. The echoes of his life are still here."

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords wrote:"I can sense the power from this place. It's like the light abandoned it long ago. I fear the Sith shall be very strong here."

Aleema Keto and her weaker cousin Satal, had such power as they began to dabble in Sith magicks, that they corrupted the world of Cinnagar:

Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith Audiobook Pt.2 wrote:Satal Keto and his cousin Aleema, have begun to explore the magic of the Sith and have used it to corrupt their homeworld in the Empress Teta system.

Despite this power, Nomi destroys Aleema in telepathy, whether she's attacking or defending:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 3743187-8669959473-aleem
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 3743065-8287545122-nomi1
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 3743068-1636886145-nomi1

Despite all of this power, Tott and Nomi, with the aid of Oss Willum, Cay Qel-Droma and Qrrl, are incapable of subduing Ulic Qel-Droma who focuses his power through an amulet, attacking omnidirectionally with Force lightning and telekinesis:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4292421-amulet%20lightning
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4250989-overpowers%20tot%20and%20cay

Ulic disappears for years after joining Exar Kun, where he gains tremendous power in the dark side:

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia wrote:Ulic was then confronted by another fallen Jedi, Exar Kun. As they engaged in a lightsaber battle, the Sith Amulets both Jedi wore began to glow, and they were visited by spirits of the Ancient Sith Lords who told them that Kun was the new Dark Lord of the Sith and Qel-Droma his first assistant. Years later, Ulic reappeared with tremendous dark side powers and set out to plunder and destroy large parts of the galaxy with a large and bloodthirsty army serving alongside Exar Kun.

Ulic then attacks Coruscant, but when faced with Vodo Siosk-Baas, his weapon is telekinetically torn from his grasp and his connection to the Force blocked:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4703555-star%20wars%20omnibus%20-%20tales%20of%20the%20jedi%20vol%2002%20%282008%29%20%28digital-empire%29%20248
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4703558-star%20wars%20omnibus%20-%20tales%20of%20the%20jedi%20vol%2002%20%282008%29%20%28digital-empire%29%20248

NOTE: I consider this a majority Vodo Siosk-Baas feat because the Jedi with him couldn't subdue Ulic alone, and almost died trying, and that was before Ulic had grown far more powerful. Furthermore, it's said that Ulic would become equal, not more powerful than, the mightiesrt Jedi masters of the time; which Vodo is one of, indicating Ulic became equal to Vodo after Coruscant:

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote:Nadd foretold that Ulic would one day be a great Sith Lord, equal to the mightiest Jedi masters.

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 4703379-accolade2

With Ulic captured and in chains, Exar Kun arrives at his trial in the Senate where Kun hypnotises the entire Senate and maintains that whilst defeating Vodo, who is stated to stand 'no chance' against Kun's 'deep reserve of dark side power':

Power of the Jedi Sourcebook wrote:Ulic’s trial was interrupted by Exar Kun, who met his former Master face to face for the first time since his long descent into darkness. The two fought, and Vodo-Siosk Baas was no match for Exar Kun’s double-bladed lightsaber and deep reserve of dark side power. Vodo-Siosk perished, slain by his former apprentice.

Exar Kun initially met his match against Ood Bnar, who taps the power of a Force nexus so strong it's implied that it prevents the utter and total destruction of the planet:

Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith wrote:Ood resists Kun's attempts to steal the lightsabers by undergoing a final metamorphosis, plunging roots into the ground and driving Kun back with a blast of power drawn from the depths of Ossus.

Unlikely Survival of Ossus Codex Entry wrote:[size=34]Ossus still bears the scars of the Cron Supernova: its surface is a seared wasteland of rock and sand. But even this degree of desolation is shockingly mild; that the planet was not rendered into a charred ball of molten rock, or even obliterated completely, is nothing short of miraculous.[/size]
[size=34]Little academic work has been put forward to explain this unlikely survival; only conjecture. The initial cause of the supernova was unnatural; perhaps this explains the unnatural results? Ossus was a stronghold of the Jedi; does the inherent life force of such a place make it more resistant to destruction?[/size]

Kun leaves Ossus with a wealth of artifacts and knowledge, stated to be more than he could ever need, and thus becomes far more powerful than any Jedi of the time, which includes Ood:

Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith wrote:Looking at all the precious artifacts his Massassi have stolen, Exar Kun knows he has more wealth and knowledge than he could ever use.

The Jedi Academy Sourcebook wrote:She discovers the accounts of the Great Sith War, and learns that though Kun was far more powerful than any one other Jedi of the time, a combined force had defeated him.

Ood Bnar, of course, was capable of summoning the same power and taking out both Luke Skywalker and disintegrating Sedriss XL; a serious contender for Luke, at once:

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 5453161-ood%20blows%20up%20sedriss

SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 5453164-they%20were%20disintegrated

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia wrote:[size=34]Several thousand years later on the planet Ossus, Bnar reawakened to help save Jem Ysanna, a young woman with powers in the Force. He ultimately sacrificed himself to destroy the evil Imperial Military Executor Sedriss.[/size]
[size=34][...][/size]
[size=34]The Executor was destroyed by the power of an ancient Jedi, Ood Bnar.[/size]

Exar Kun's power levels are insane, and certainly more than a match for Darth Caedus.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 8th 2019, 3:43 pm
Excellent post, although I think you should have made a direct , side-by-side comparison with Caedus.
AncientPower
AncientPower

August 8th 2019, 7:09 pm
This is merely an opener, I never even bothered to use any spirit scaling because I felt like changing it up. Physical Kun and the TOTJ era needs more respect.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

August 8th 2019, 10:46 pm
Genuinely Hyped for this debate. It looks great, but I want to see some actual Kun stuff lol, nobody debates for him anymore, AP is the last line of defense after the malak quote changed the game.
AncientPower
AncientPower

August 8th 2019, 10:49 pm
The actual Kun feats will come after the opener, when and where they're required. I'm only establishing the kind of competition Kun is magnitudes beyond.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

August 9th 2019, 7:36 am
Really good opening for Kun.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 10th 2019, 7:05 pm
SS - Darth Caedus (DC77) vs Exar Kun (LadyKulvax) 1289255181

Solid stuff. DC will have his hands full.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 10th 2019, 9:00 pm
Good opener AP, will respond when I have time.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 22nd 2019, 1:15 am
Bump.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 9th 2019, 6:08 pm
Bump.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 9th 2019, 7:50 pm
There are those of us on this site with lives, bumping this thread was not necessary, I am well aware of its existence and will respond when I have time and when I feel like doing so, not when random members want me to. There are plenty of other high quality SS's you can be reading in the mean time.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

September 9th 2019, 7:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:There are those of us on this site with lives, bumping this thread was not necessary, I am well aware of its existence and will respond when I have time and when I feel like doing so, not when random members want me to. There are plenty of other high quality SS's you can be reading in the mean time.

@Suspect Insight: Hey, can we get a downvote button too?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 9th 2019, 7:53 pm
There's nothing unreasonable about my comment.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 9th 2019, 7:55 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:There are those of us on this site with lives, bumping this thread was not necessary, I am well aware of its existence and will respond when I have time and when I feel like doing so, not when random members want me to. There are plenty of other high quality SS's you can be reading in the mean time.
Chill, I wasn't bumping in an attempt at demanding you post now or even be actively working on it. I bumped the thread mainly to find out what the current situation was.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 9th 2019, 7:57 pm
Lol.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 9th 2019, 7:57 pm
If I'm going to quit an SS I will announce it publicly, not randomly let it die and bugger off elsewhere. Unless I say otherwise the "current situation" is that it's ongoing and I'll respond when I can.
AncientPower
AncientPower

November 21st 2019, 7:43 pm
Bump. Four months later.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 21st 2019, 7:56 pm
Yeah, sorry about this, I've been going through a rough stretch in my life lately and didn't feel up to responding. I'll get a post done whenever possible.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 17th 2020, 1:26 pm
@LadyKulvax I'll make this painless for both of us and have something nice and short up by the end of the night.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum