Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nfactor1995
nfactor1995

Is Darth Sion really THAT bad? Empty Is Darth Sion really THAT bad?

January 13th 2021, 7:42 pm
Just seem to notice that Sion gets a lot of hate on battles forum, and most seem to rate him as a trash-tier Sith. Curious if that is due to hatred of the character for some reason, or if his feats really are THAT bad to make him lose to basically any somewhat competent Force user.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Is Darth Sion really THAT bad? Empty Re: Is Darth Sion really THAT bad?

January 13th 2021, 7:54 pm
He isn't bad, it's just that his main schtick of not dying unless his will is eroded is more pronounced compared to what else he can do.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

January 13th 2021, 9:54 pm
He tanks a point blank enraged Force blast from Nihilus that disintegrates armoured soldiers and buckles bridges. So his endurance is incredibly high. He scales from Visas who took on Sith Lords amped by the power of Freedon Nadd. He's also stated by Insider 88 (2006) to be a contender for the most rage-filled Sith Lord yet encountered in Star Wars. And given how rage + will is considere an integral key to power by Sidious.

Then, yes, he's one of the most slept on characters because he died to Jedi in his pre-prime state. Despite literally scaling over a High Council member combatively in his prime and up to Nihilus as demonstrated in the aforementioned feat. Who literally absorbed the power of a hundred Jedi, including Masters Vandar, Dorak and Zhar Lestin. Who are each individually > non-SF Sith Bastila.
Primarch
Primarch

January 14th 2021, 3:26 am
Unfortunately yes. He got defeated by fodder Jedi so many times and his only redeeming quality is his pseudo-immortality.
Knights of the old republic campaign guide wrote:Sion embarks on a Jedi-assassination spree,"dying" many more times, but always ending more enemy lives.
AncientPower
AncientPower

January 14th 2021, 5:04 am
Which I just explained is pre-prime and bears no relevance with prime Sion given he beats Lonna Vash outright and tanks an attack from a Force-user who dwarfs any Jedi of the era.
Primarch
Primarch

January 14th 2021, 5:09 am
We don't even see how Lonna Vash died, Sion probs could've had Sith assassins kill her. Even if he beat her himself, Vash is featless.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

January 14th 2021, 5:21 am
@Ladykulvax Yeh and isn't Pre Prime Sion locked below Bandon and Malak's three best apprentices on the Star Forge? Those low showings make sense for a combatant of that level.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 14th 2021, 5:30 am
"I found the Sith that I came to Korriban looking for. I am no fool, but I fell neatly into their trap. Their leader, Darth Sion, is a perversion of the dark side such as I have not seen before. Though he was cunning enough to capture me, he seems otherwise to be a volatile brute, and therefore should be easily coerced.

- Lonna Vesh 

Doesn't seem like he defeated her at all. Let alone soundly. It's also implied she's seen his ability. Meaning she might have even killed him. 

Given that the Ravager is falling apart on it's own I fail to see why moving some unknown sized parts is impressive. Nevermind that the disintegration of the troopers is a suggestion. Not a hard fact.
AncientPower
AncientPower

January 14th 2021, 5:34 am
We literally have Visas Marr stating Sion's personal killing of Lonna Vash. Lonna Vash is a High Council member and through numerous statements, gains scaling over Sith Bastila.

Darth Sion doesn't aspire to any place in Malak's Empire and that's also five years before his prime.

Again, none of this matters to prime Sion.
AncientPower
AncientPower

January 14th 2021, 5:38 am
HeartoftheForce wrote:
"I found the Sith that I came to Korriban looking for. I am no fool, but I fell neatly into their trap. Their leader, Darth Sion, is a perversion of the dark side such as I have not seen before. Though he was cunning enough to capture me, he seems otherwise to be a volatile brute, and therefore should be easily coerced.

- Lonna Vesh 

Doesn't seem like he defeated her at all. Let alone soundly. It's also implied she's seen his ability. Meaning she might have even killed him. 

Given that the Ravager is falling apart on it's own I fail to see why moving some unknown sized parts is impressive. Nevermind that the disintegration of the troopers is a suggestion. Not a hard fact.

Lonna fell into his trap and was defeated. She can literally see Sion with her eyes, in no way does that infer she killed him.

Parts of the Ravager are falling apart. We can literally see the bridge and it isn't. It's still very much intact. The statement applies because we know how strong Nihilus's attack is meant to be.
Primarch
Primarch

January 14th 2021, 6:40 am
LadyKulvax wrote:We literally have Visas Marr stating Sion's personal killing of Lonna Vash. Lonna Vash is a High Council member and through numerous statements, 

Citation?

LadyKulvax wrote:gains scaling over Sith Bastila.
How?

LadyKulvax wrote:Darth Sion doesn't aspire to any place in Malak's Empire and that's also five years before his prime.

Again, none of this matters to prime Sion.
Citation for Sion growing in power?
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

January 15th 2021, 5:45 pm
Sion isn't a sith lord who will beat big-time Dark Lords of the Sith anytime soon, but he's extremely powerful and skilled pluss he has his "immortality". Not a super-high tier but he's far better than people give him credit for.
Romeothekotorlover
Romeothekotorlover

November 27th 2022, 11:11 am
Hello everyone,

So actually he is and at the same time he isn't. Let me explain rq, Darth Sion hasn't really impressive Feats and is together with Kreia below the Ancient Masters. But his advantage is his Immortality, since he achieved it through Kreia's training , literally no one could defeat him except Darth Nihilus and his Master Darth Traya. Because of his Immortality, he purged the entire Jedi Temple by his own. So basically what makes him fodder is that u can keep defeating him and he can't kill you, as we see in the KOTOR Cutscene where Nihilus oneshots Sion and kills him, Sion stands up and leaves the ship and seemed damaged.

i hope this could help!!

Is Darth Sion really THAT bad? 2960029119 Is Darth Sion really THAT bad? 2257779481
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum