Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series Empty BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series

December 11th 2020, 7:30 am
Hayden will reprise his role as Darth Vader in the show. Question is will he be doing the voice and the body? Or will he only do the body and some else will do the voice?
Also Kathleen Kennedy teased a rematch between Vader and Kenobi
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series Empty Re: BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series

December 11th 2020, 7:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I really hope they don’t face each other during the time frame of this series. It will completely undermine the tension and significance of their duel in ANH. Regardless, I’m hyped for this show.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series Empty Re: BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series

December 11th 2020, 8:28 am
CuckedCurry wrote:I really hope they don’t face each other during the time frame of this series. It will completely undermine the tension and significance of their duel in ANH. Regardless, I’m hyped for this show.

@CuckedCurry IDK, I always found it strange that Vader didn't react much to Kenobi when they confronted each other in ANH eventhough it had been almost 20 years since ROTS. I think it's plausible to sneak in a confrontation within that 20 year gap. Also Vader seemed remarkably calm considering Kenobi cut of his arms and legs and left him burning on Mustafar. I think they have an opportunity to showcase Vader's hatred for Kenobi since that time. And it would make sense by ANH, Vader got over that shit and just simply wants to kill his old master.
Galan007
Galan007

December 11th 2020, 2:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Kenobi series is supposed to be set 10 years after RotS. So with Hayden involved, I imagine we'll get some helmetless shots of Vader in his meditation chamber and whatnot.

This is only supposed to be a 6 episode limited series, so hopefully it won't be centered entirely around the Kenobi/Vader dynamic(I'd like something new), but we'll see. Hell, it would actually be a good time to introduce live action Inquisitors, or even a live action Thrawn. /shrug
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

December 11th 2020, 2:39 pm
@Galan007
Or live action A'sharad Hett.
Galan007
Galan007

December 11th 2020, 2:56 pm
DarthAdi wrote:@Galan007
Or live action A'sharad Hett.
 BREAKING: Hayden Christensen will be in the Kenobi series 1289255181

Quite a while back, when the possibility of a Kenobi series first began surfacing, there were a bunch of unconfirmed rumors going around that A'Sharad was going to be the primary antagonist.

Supposedly that idea was scrapped, but I would still like to see it play out. Once Kenobi went into guardian-mode, it's unlikely that he ever left Tatooine... So an ex-Jedi adversary that Kenobi doesn't even have to leave the planet to deal with would work perfectly.
Rei
Rei

December 12th 2020, 11:57 pm
Hayden Christensen received way too much hate in the prequels to be honest.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 13th 2020, 8:33 am
Rei wrote:Hayden Christensen received way too much hate in the prequels to be honest.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

December 13th 2020, 8:42 am
Lets be honest here, they shouldn't have done the Kenobi vs Maul fight in Rebels and instead should have waited for the Kenobi series to do it. In that way we would've gotten a cool fight between Maul and Kenobi in the style of the Prequels in live action. Seriously fuck Rebels lol. Like what was Maul's purpose in that show anyway? He was there to essentially be a saturday morning type villain who's goal is to tempt Ezra to the darkside but constantly fails at every turn. Like as if Maul would bother with some kid? I know this is slightly off topic but man they did him dirty in that show.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 13th 2020, 12:38 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:I really hope they don’t face each other during the time frame of this series. It will completely undermine the tension and significance of their duel in ANH. Regardless, I’m hyped for this show.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

December 21st 2020, 5:31 pm
While it's good to be able to finally see Hayden again it's been confirmed that they will fight each other again in the "rematch of the century". The rematch was in ANH and having them meet ten years into Kenobi's exile will feel off and take away from Vader sensing Kenobi's presence for the first time in decades on the Death Star. I'll still watch the series but Filoni shouldn't have wasted Maul in Rebels and if Maul's story was still incomplete it'd be better to have him be the one to fight Kenobi. Seeing Ewan VS Ray Park again would be legendary.

For Vader acting calmly I'd say the reason is because he had his limbs taken from the person that he's finally meeting again. At this point he doesn't know how powerful Obi-Wan is has a very valid reason not to go all out the way he did in the hallway less than a week earlier.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum