Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only) Empty Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only)

March 22nd 2020, 10:38 pm
Going off only: The films, CG series', & all other media post-Disney acquisition, what does your Top 10 look like? QUICK NOTE: By powerful I mean a mixture of skill & raw Force power. 

EDIT: After further ruminations & semi admitting defaat to @BoD here is my revised list:

1. Palpatine
2. Yoda 
3. Mace Windu
4. Luke 
5. Vader
6. Anakin
7. EoRotS Obi-Wan/DD Vos
8. Dooku
9. Maul/Ahsoka
10. Ahsoka/Maul

Honourable Mentions: Snoke, Kylo Ren, Rey, & The Jedi Council

Note: Now I believe there is a noticeable gap between the top 3 & Luke thanks to Twitter and the tRoS novel.

Last edited by The Slick Obi on March 26th 2020, 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only) Empty Re: Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only)

March 22nd 2020, 11:38 pm
Not including amps:

1. Sidious.
2. Luke.
3. Yoda. 
4. Mace Windu.
5. Vader.
6. Snoke.
7. Anakin.
8. Dooku.
9. Obi-Wan.
10. Maul.
10. Ahso
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only) Empty Re: Your top 10 most powerful characters (Canon Only)

March 23rd 2020, 12:14 am
tough shit tbh. both skill and power.

1- Wills/Father
2- Son/Daughter
3- Sidious (at his prime)
4- Snoke/Vader (idk where to place snoke exactly, but i hold him in high regard)
5- Yoda/Windu
6-Ahsoka/Maul/Obi Wan (prime)
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

March 23rd 2020, 12:32 am
I almost put Snoke in my Top 10, but I just have not seen enough of him to confidently gauge his power. So, I gave him an honourable mention instead.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 23rd 2020, 7:44 am
1. Sidious 
2. Luke (Prime Luke should be reasonably beyond TLJ Luke, who's above Snoke via his illusion shit)
3. Snoke (~ ROTJ Sidious)
4. Vader/Maul
6. Yoda
7. Tano/Windu/Kenobi
10. Dooku
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

March 23rd 2020, 9:04 am
The Slick Obi wrote:QUICK NOTE: By powerful I mean a mixture of skill & raw Force power.
By "skill" do you mean mastery of the Force or proficiency with a lightsaber?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 23rd 2020, 9:07 am
@Rohirrim I’d presume that we’re ranking by overall combat proficiency.
Galan007
Galan007

March 23rd 2020, 10:19 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Excluding the Mortis Gods...

1.) RoS Palpatine: Kylo stated that he was more powerful than anyone he had ever encountered(which automatically scales him above Luke/Snoke)... And that was when Palpatine was still in his rotting clone body.

2.) Post-RotJ Luke: Was already Vader's equal in RotJ. He then spent yearS scouring the galaxy for any Jedi-related material he could get his hands on -- including Jocasta Nu's cache, as well as the High Republic vault. He also studied the ancient texts, and communed with the spirits of Kenobi, Yoda, and Anakin. Point being: canon ST-era Luke would have logically been one of(if not *the*) most knowledgeable Force users ever in the mythos... And if he was able to reach Vader's level in the 3 years between ESB and RotJ without any real guidance other than his training with Kenobi and Yoda, just imagine the levels he ascended to when he obtained the greatest wealth of Force-related knowledge in the galaxy, and had a few decades to study/master what he learned.

3.) Snoke: Luke heavily implied that he was equal to [RotJ] Palpatine.

4.) Bendu: His placement depends how literally you take Vader's statement that Palpatine was more powerful.

5.) Yoda: Roughly equal to RotS Sidious, and generally regarded as the most powerful Jedi up to that point.

6.) Vader: Nothing in canon suggests that his power did anything but increase over the years. He might also be higher on the list, depending on what you think the discrepancy in power was between he and Palpatine.

7.) Mace: Most sources state/imply that he bested Palpatine in combat.

8.) DD Vos: He was ~/> Dooku.

9.) Dooku: Extremely powerful, obviously, but still 2x weaker than Yoda (during AotC, at least.)

10.) Kenobi

...Something like that.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

March 23rd 2020, 10:40 am
Presuming it's the whole package, my tentative top 10 (excluding entities but including Rey's and Palpatine's respective "all the Jedi/Sith" amps) would be:

1. Rey
2. Darth Sidious
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Yoda
5. Snoke
6. Mace Windu
7. Darth Vader
8. Kylo Ren
9. Darth Tyranus
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last three are placed that way because of physicality and dark side abilities. If we count Anakin as a different character from Vader, then he would be around Kylo Ren.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 23rd 2020, 11:00 am
Rohirrim wrote:Presuming it's the whole package, my tentative top 10 (excluding entities but including Rey's and Palpatine's respective "all the Jedi/Sith" amps) would be:

1. Rey
2. Darth Sidious
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Yoda
5. Snoke
6. Mace Windu
7. Darth Vader
8. Kylo Ren
9. Darth Tyranus
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last three are placed that way because of physicality and dark side abilities. If we count Anakin as a different character from Vader, then he would be around Kylo Ren.
Why Yoda above Snoke? Iirc there's a quote putting Snoke with ROTJ Sids.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

March 23rd 2020, 11:04 am
@IG: True. I think Snoke is more powerful, but Yoda can hold his own in the Force department and Snoke can't compete in physical/lightsaber combat. But it's certainly debatable.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

March 23rd 2020, 11:23 am
Excluding entities and amps.

1. Sidious

2. Luke

3. Yoda

4. Vader

5. Windu

6. Snoke (he might be more powerfull than Vader, Windu or Yoda but i don't think his force edge is enough considering he can't compete in sabers)

7. Dooku

8. Kenobi

9. Kylo Ren

10 Maul/Ahsoka/Vos/Rey
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

March 23rd 2020, 11:37 am
DarthAdi wrote:6. Snoke (he might be more powerfull than Vader, Windu or Yoda but i don't think his force edge is enough considering he can't compete in sabers)
I take it you reckon Windu would have overcome RotS Sidious' lightning had the latter not feigned weakness? I mean, I can see that being the case, just curious about what you guys make of it.
The Witness
The Witness

March 23rd 2020, 12:21 pm
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Darth Vader
5.Mace Windu
6. Anakin Skywalker
7. Ahsoka Tano/Count Dooku
8. ROTS Kenobi
9. Darth Maul
10 Savage Opress

Dunno where to rank ST characters
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 23rd 2020, 12:36 pm
How is Luke > Sidious
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 23rd 2020, 12:51 pm
He has been hyped up as being stronger than Sidious at his peak, tbh. RoS Sidious is another story.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 23rd 2020, 1:37 pm
1-sidious
2-luke
3-yoda
4-vader
5-mace windu
6-snoke
7-kenobi/dooku
8-ahsoka/maul/savage
9-kylo ren/rey
10-kanan jarrus/cal kestis
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 23rd 2020, 1:41 pm
Why is Vader > Windu on many people's lists?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 23rd 2020, 1:42 pm
BoD wrote:Why is Vader > Windu on many people's lists?
it impress me more even in this canon yes,besides windu doesnt get that much hype in canon like he was in legends tbh
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 23rd 2020, 2:16 pm
How is Tyranus above Vader on people's lists?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 23rd 2020, 2:24 pm
> Korriban wrote:How is Tyranus above Vader on people's lists?
cuz now he is supposedly equal to yoda lol
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 23rd 2020, 2:44 pm
@The Slick Obi How in the name of Ant's left tit do you have Dooku > Vader? Or Luke, Anakin or Obi-Wan above him?
Galan007
Galan007

March 23rd 2020, 2:45 pm
IG wrote:How is Luke > Sidious

RoS Palpatine is definitely above Luke:
"But the Force itself belied any perception of frailty because a cloud of darkness and need swelled from [Palpatine], along with power like Kylo had never before encountered. It was exhilarating."

As mentioned, this automatically scales Palpatine above Luke.

If we're talking RotJ, then Luke was likely superior given the implications that Luke > Snoke = RotJ Palpatine.

lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
> Korriban wrote:How is Tyranus above Vader on people's lists?
cuz now he is supposedly equal to yoda lol
In Legends they may have been in the same ballpark.

In canon, however, Yoda was 2x Dooku during AotC. So even IF we assume that Yoda's power stayed stagnant in the time between AotC and RotS, Dooku's power would've had to doubled in the same period just to be on equal footing with him.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 23rd 2020, 2:50 pm
IU sources are rarely trustworthy. In any case, that was Palps with "all of the Sith", not just his own power.
Galan007
Galan007

March 23rd 2020, 2:52 pm
BoD wrote:IU sources are rarely trustworthy. In any case, that was Palps with "all of the Sith", not just his own power.
Indeed.

But it was still power that Palpatine personally held. Ergo the #1 spot.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum