Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Questions regarding Vader Empty Questions regarding Vader

March 4th 2020, 5:27 pm
"wow the vader tard is asking vader-baased question! never saw that one coming" well, yeah, i am lol

I was curious about a few things, so if anybody could answer them to the best of their abilities, i would be grateful:

1- Vader redeemed himself, and was born anew as Anakin Skywalker again. Did he regain his old powers, or is the loss of his flesh something that will hinder him no matter what?

2- Considering his redeeming and mental amp as his son was being killed/tortured, did that give him powers surpassing that of Sheev's, which allowed him to walk through his attack, or did it give him just enough power to not get killed by said attack for a good few seconds?

3- Do u think his spirit shouldve looked like Anakin did in ROTS, or should he have looked like he did as Vader inside the suit? (this is more opinion based than anything else)

4- Why do u think Luke had better chances of turning Vader back than Obi Wan did? This never did make sense to me.

5- If his lack of power was attributed to his mental state (ish), than why did Sheev never mind wipe him? Or take over his body? Restricted or not, the potential is still there, and even as a hindered 40something y/o, Vader's potential was supposedly a match to Sidious' own. Without his mental blocks and limits, Sidious couldve gained even greater power, in a more durable and stronger body (younger too).
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Questions regarding Vader Empty Re: Questions regarding Vader

March 4th 2020, 6:21 pm
1- Vader redeemed himself, and was born anew as Anakin Skywalker again. Did he regain his old powers, or is the loss of his flesh something that will hinder him no matter what?

It wasn't the loss of his flesh that hindered him to begin with, it was like Mental Blocks, I'd be willing to have this debate with people, but Vader's potential is still dormant, he is still the Father inside of the suit he's just never gonna access that unless he can get past his past, which he doesn't do.

2- Considering his redeeming and mental amp as his son was being killed/tortured, did that give him powers surpassing that of Sheev's, which allowed him to walk through his attack, or did it give him just enough power to not get killed by said attack for a good few seconds?

Well we can only speculate but if he is the "chosen one" in this moment he has surpassed Sheev yes.

3- Do u think his spirit shouldve looked like Anakin did in ROTS, or should he have looked like he did as Vader inside the suit? (this is more opinion based than anything else)

Robbing Sebastian Stan of his part in the saga entirely was a very shitty thing to do on Lucas's part, so no he shouldn't look like Hayden.

4- Why do u think Luke had better chances of turning Vader back than Obi Wan did? This never did make sense to me.

The Jedi Order itself and anyone from Vader's past could never bring him back, what Vader basically did to get over his trauma was a process known as repressing. He mentions in several stories his memories of Anakin are burned away from his psyche, People don't fully understand that Vader has a psychotic break after ROTS via the theme that follows him throughout his life: self pity, he loses more than his past and future, he loses himself to his own dehumanization of himself. Like, the thing with Vader is not Anakin, he's a separate entity almost like Bi-polar disorder because he's basically everything Anakin was taught to repress incarnated with his own goals and motivation, the "spark" is something deeply buried and subconsciously haunts him. This new person that I speak of has nothing to live for other than the pursuit of power, but the spark itself has it's own desire. Take Galen Marek, Vader abducts him and trains him mercilessly, yet when Galen remarks that Vader thinks of him as a sort of son, it angers the Dark Lord. There is a theme throughout all of Vader's relationships of trying to repair the past with the future, Lumiya is almost like what he thinks Leia could have been, she's twisted and mangled like him, but she's his disciple and he does care about her, there is no other reason that he would go out of his way to save her if she was just another agent. Now let's look at Luke: Vader wants power right? Check. Luke has potential on the scale of Anakin and is young, easily manipulated to the Darkside with Vader, wonderful deal exactly what he wants. The spark seems to want to have a child, a twisted perverse child, but a child nonetheless. Luke's dealings with Vader also awakens a past Vader seems to have forgotten about as shown in Shadows of the Empire which weakens the dark part of him the rage that has been keeping him going for years, this leaves him a tired, broken, still evil old man looking for a son. That's the thing that leads him to his redemption, all the heinous things in his life that he has embraced lead to the spark, Pride; one of his biggest weaknesses is now pride for his son, elation at being able to watch his child grow and learn, fatherly love. Arrogance; He thinks he can turn Luke he is certain of it, when Luke resists for the first time in 20 years someone Vader cares about surprises him without violence. All of these "evil" traits he exhibited slowly weaken the burning rage he has felt for so long and they reveal the man underneath it all.

5- If his lack of power was attributed to his mental state (ish), than why did Sheev never mind wipe him? Or take over his body? Restricted or not, the potential is still there, and even as a hindered 40something y/o, Vader's potential was supposedly a match to Sidious' own. Without his mental blocks and limits, Sidious couldve gained even greater power, in a more durable and stronger body (younger too).

This is probably something Sidious might have envisioned, but towards the end his opinions of Vader's potential began to dwindle, because Vader was not progressing as he had hoped, it's been 20 years and he still hasn't eradicated that pesky "spark" that holds him back through almost everything.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 4th 2020, 8:07 pm
@Isv

1- k

2- i actually thought he mightve gone "zonakin" on Sheev there. 

3- i meant the fucked up, white, burnt vader, and not just an older anakin, but i get ur point

4- ill take that answer for now

5- see, thats kinda the problem? the reason itself has no logic behind it. its a known fact that he had the mental all the way from 19 BBY AFTER mustafar, meaning that the potential for his old powers were reachable even then. he then grew in power (not regained his old power, he grew using his current powers) for 23 years. had sheev taken over his body, there would be no more anakin left, giving a free 'chosen one lvls of power' body right from the get go.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 4th 2020, 11:35 pm
1-never gain his old powers back,basically the love for his son give him a boost to defeat the emperor thats what my perspective always have been to that specific moment,the lost of flesh is irrelevant thousands of quotes states vader>rots anakin no matter what others think.

2-like the previous answer maybe something like a slight zonakin amp but not that significant of a big power up 

3-i actually like more hayden than sebastian shaw on a force spirit 

4-his past was the thing he most hated so thats your answer 

5-there is a entire quote of that: 

Yes, Vader was not precisely what he had bargained for. Vader’s legs and arms were artificial, and he would never be able to summon lightning or leap about like the Jedi had been fond of doing. His dark side training was just beginning. But Sith power resided not in the flesh but in the will. Self-restraint was praised by the Jedi only because they didn’t know the power of the dark side. Vader’s real weaknesses were psychological rather than physical, and for Vader to overcome them he would need to be driven deeper into himself, to confront all his choices and his disappointments.
Powered by treachery, the Sith Master-apprentice relationship was always a dangerous game. Trust was encouraged even while being sabotaged; loyalty was demanded even while betrayal was prized; suspicion was nourished even while honesty was praised.
In some sense, it was survival of the fittest.
Fundamental to Vader’s growth was the desire to overthrow his Master.
Had Vader killed Obi-Wan on Mustafar, he might have attempted to kill Sidious, as well. In fact, Sidious would have been surprised if Anakin hadn’t made an attempt. Now, however, incapable of so much as breathing on his own, Vader could not rise to the challenge, and Sidious understood that he would need everything in his power to shake Vader out of that despair, and reawaken the incredible power within him.
Even at Sidious’s own peril…

--Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum