Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin Empty RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin

February 2nd 2020, 3:56 am
Anakin at his peak pre-Zonakin state in the Dooku fight.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin Empty Re: RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin

February 2nd 2020, 4:04 am
Mace
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin Empty Re: RotS Mace Windu (no superconducting loop) vs. BoRotS Anakin

February 2nd 2020, 9:44 am
Anakin
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 2nd 2020, 11:17 am
Anakin is factually a superior duellist.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 2nd 2020, 11:34 am
Anakin is not factually better. We have no idea what Mace's flaw(s) are/were. 

Mace doesn't need the superconducting loop. His own drastic dark energy growth by the beginning of ROTS is enough for him to win.
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 2nd 2020, 11:47 am
@BoD Anakin is a 9 by Gillard's rating scale, whereas Mace is only an 8.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

February 2nd 2020, 11:49 am
Not by the start of RotS
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 2nd 2020, 12:14 pm
Corvinus wrote:@BoD Anakin is a 9 by Gillard's rating scale, whereas Mace is only an 8.
Anakin is a 9 by the time of KFV/MFV, not BoROTS.

Also, Mace is not just an 8, lol.
Ash
Ash

February 2nd 2020, 12:20 pm
Mace wins.
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 2nd 2020, 1:01 pm
@CuckedCurry
@BoD

Gillard in two interviews released after ROTS has said Mace is an 8 and an 8, bordering on a 9.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 2nd 2020, 2:00 pm
Corvinus wrote:@CuckedCurry
@BoD

Gillard in two interviews released after ROTS has said Mace is an 8 and an 8, bordering on a 9.
Gillard's words are not g-canon unless approved of by Lucas, which neither of his other two interviews were.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

February 2nd 2020, 2:26 pm
either way
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

February 2nd 2020, 3:24 pm
Corvinus wrote:@CuckedCurry
@BoD

And in another he said Mace is a 9. Moral of the story, Gillard doesn’t know shit
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 2nd 2020, 3:37 pm
^ Basically this. Only reason we acknowledge the "Mace is a nine" quote is cos it's from The Making of Revenge of the Sith, with George's approval. Beyond that, his quotes are about as meaningless as someone like Drew Karpyshyn if he were to say Lord Scourge > Yoda.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 2nd 2020, 4:10 pm
Lucas also said you need to be Mace or Yoda to fight the Emperor, right?

Maybe worth looking at arguments other than passing comments made by Gillard?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 2nd 2020, 4:14 pm
Without gillard scale Anakin and Mace have a rough bought where Anakin wins
Corvinus
Corvinus

February 3rd 2020, 3:53 pm
I thought Gillard was an authority on this site, like I've seen him on others. If that's not the case, fair enough.

Without that, I'm still saying Anakin however. It's a tough fight, but without a Vaapad amp I don't think Mace has enough in the tank to beat Anakin.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

February 3rd 2020, 4:33 pm
Corvinus wrote:I thought Gillard was an authority on this site, like I've seen him on others. If that's not the case, fair enough.

Personally I don’t find anything from a Gillard outside of official sources to be an authority since (1) he has repeatedly contradicted himself and (2)interviews are technically not official. Those two factors just makes it all the less believable to me.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 3rd 2020, 4:35 pm
@MasterCilghal Technically there’s that one insider quote Ethan showed on Discord about how Gillard has g canon authority, tbf.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

February 3rd 2020, 4:38 pm
IG wrote:Technically there’s that one insider quote Ethan showed on slorg about how Gillard has g canon authority, tbf.

Well, what Gillard says in the ROTS featurette can be taken as G-canon, given Lucas talks in it as well. I’m just referencing later interviews, wherein Gillard repeatedly contradicts himself.
Threen
Threen

February 3rd 2020, 6:24 pm
Before the initialization of the duel, Mace tries to comprehend Anakin's power and dies

The end
O-Siri
O-Siri

February 5th 2020, 11:25 am
Anakin's 'peak pre-zonakin state' was in the mid-way point when he really got into a groove and was beating Dooku down with impunity. If he starts the fight in this condition, without needing a few minutes to warm up and find his rhythm, then he's in a really good position to give Mace a fight. 

The OP doesn't specify if this is regular Mace or no-Jedi restraint Mace. Either way I think I favor Mace. Anakin might be better physically with youth and power on his side, but Mace is tougher mentally. I don't see either going down quickly but if if the fight turns into an attrition war, I see Anakin breaking down mentally before Mace breaks down physically.
LOTL

February 7th 2020, 8:28 pm
Mace
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

February 8th 2020, 1:41 am
Mace, yeah. Assuming Anakin isn't getting angry, Mace is an "8 bordering 9" as opposed to Anakin's straight 8. Mace also has quotes saying he's equally skilled as a duelist with Yoda and Sidious; that he's only "a little less powerful than Yoda" and finally, Gillard makes it clear that Anakin is a 9 when he's using the dark side.

Though I can see Anakin winning if he's extremely determined and has a flash of brlliance or something.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 8th 2020, 7:39 am
Just to inquire, when Gillard said that DS Anakin was a 9, he says he's physically a 9 but not mentally, what do you think he meant by that?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum