Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Revan vs Darth Maul - Page 7 Empty Re: Revan vs Darth Maul

January 12th 2020, 3:33 pm
All of them.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:35 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:@Azronger There’s a difference between technically being able to and actually doing it. I said that comparing TK to TP was dumb, but the TP feats I’m scaling Revan beyond are things I doubt maul could replicate.

I agree - Maul is not that good with TP. However, he is very good with other abilities. So my question remains: do you still maintain Star Forge scaling alone puts KotOR Revan above Maul?

And you didn't answer my question about Nihilus.
I mean, personally I maintain it, but the general idea here is that I'm not going to win a debate with you on this because you're much, much better than me as a debater. And Nihilus is the Meetra accolade

You're never going to improve if you don't punch above your weight. And don't let the general perception of things hold you back. Show some spine. So, let's hear it: how does Star Forge scaling put KotOR Revan above Malak?

And Nihilus had a special connection to the Ravager that was amping him. Can you prove Revan scales above the feat regardless?

Last edited by Azronger on January 12th 2020, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:35 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:im sorry, but i dont follow this convo. can someone summarize what's happening here? im somewhat confused
please ^?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:37 pm
Yeah IG. I only improved through being kicked to hell and back by Ziggy. Failure is part of a learning process.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:38 pm
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:@Azronger There’s a difference between technically being able to and actually doing it. I said that comparing TK to TP was dumb, but the TP feats I’m scaling Revan beyond are things I doubt maul could replicate.

I agree - Maul is not that good with TP. However, he is very good with other abilities. So my question remains: do you still maintain Star Forge scaling alone puts KotOR Revan above Maul?

I mean, personally I maintain it, but the general idea here is that I'm not going to win a debate with you on this because you're much, much better than me as a debater. And Nihilus is the Meetra accolade

You're never going to improve if you don't punch above your weight. And don't let the general perception of things hold you back. Show some spine. So, let's hear it: how does Star Forge scaling put KotOR Revan above Malak?
Above Malak? Or Maul?

And I'd prefer to punch just decently above my weight, as opposed to jumping several weight classes.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:39 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:All of them.

Why?

January 12th 2020, 3:39 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:im sorry, but i dont follow this convo. can someone summarize what's happening here? im somewhat confused
please ^?

We're discussing the merits of Star Forge scaling supposedly elevating KotOR Revan above Maul.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:42 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:

Above Malak? Or Maul?

And I'd prefer to punch just decently above my weight, as opposed to jumping several weight classes.

Maul, that was a Freudian slip.

All of this talk about weight classes is subjective. You're only being held back by your own mind here. The key to self-improvement is facing challenges head-on. I want to hear why Star Forge scaling puts KotOR Revan above Maul in your opinion.

And see my edit about Nihilus.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:44 pm
i see i see. i can 100% back up the idea that TPM maul is weaker, but TCW maul at his best is actually quite very strong. he is hard to judge, but im sure he is not far off from dooku at his best
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:45 pm
Why?

Maul proved superior to Vader in Resurrection, the same Vader who was more powerful than Marek circa TFU 2.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:46 pm
oh god. notu disu shitu agan.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 3:46 pm
Resurrection is non-canon, unless new information has come out to contradict that.

Starkiller's high-end feats aren't combat-applicable consistently. The Campaign Guide clarifies this. While I maintain Vader is combatively Starkiller's super, I don't think he scales from the atomization of the Salvation, for example.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:49 pm
i really need to play the TFU games man. i still dont know nearly enough apparently. killing me lol 

anyhow, regardless of that, vader is in fact stronger than SK by ANH. He should be capable of replicating anything SK has done or can do.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:50 pm
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
Azronger wrote:

Above Malak? Or Maul?

Maul, that was a Freudian slip.

All of this talk about weight classes is subjective. You're only being held back by your own mind here. The key to self-improvement is facing challenges head-on. I want to hear why Star Forge scaling puts KotOR Revan above Maul in your opinion.

And see my edit about Nihilus.
maul struggles with sidious while kotor revan beats malak 8 times over who scales significantly above exar kun
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:51 pm
um and? Sidious >>>> revan or malak lmaooo
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:52 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:um and? Sidious >>>> revan or malak lmaooo
im talking about 37 bby sidious that is being mentioned so yeh
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:53 pm
37 bby Sidious is close to TPM Sidious, who is close to plagueis anyhow. not to mention that the maul who lost to that sidious was also far from his prime
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 12th 2020, 3:54 pm
@Azronger Nihilus' connection to the Ravager is irrelevant as Meetra claims Revan (as of the MW nonetheless) has a "greater command of the Force" than anybody she's ever met including Nihilus. 

Revan is put over Maul via scaling from Kun as Kun's TP domination of all the scanning technicians in Cinnagar (a likely larger than 1% fraction out of a billion people or so) as well as his capability of maintaining a (spell or TP) over the entire senate while stomping Vodo seems to be beyond the reach of TPM Maul. I'd argue TCW Maul could beat KOTOR Revan (dunno, maybe), but Maul hasn't shown much on the level of TPing the entire senate (depending on how it's looked upon) or all the people in Cinnagar. A lot of what I'm basing this on is the stat program, which makes TP out to be a lot harder than TK.

Edit: His martial capabilities are also comparable (Echani, tactics, etc), and his scaling beyond the Exiles (to the point where they're bugs to him) makes this more plausible.

Last edited by IG (Exists) on January 12th 2020, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 12th 2020, 3:55 pm
greater command =/= greater power, btw. it could easily mean skill, or simply a superior showing.
mr dinky
mr dinky

January 12th 2020, 3:57 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:37 bby Sidious is close to TPM Sidious, who is close to plagueis anyhow. not to mention that the maul who lost to that sidious was also far from his prime
ik thats why i said sidious << malak
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:57 pm
@Azronger: Missed talking to you bro, good to be back.

Resurrection is non-canon, unless new information has come out to contradict that.

The comic was written with the frame of mind of answering the question of superiority, its canon status shouldn't detract from that.

Starkiller's high-end feats aren't combat-applicable consistently. The Campaign Guide clarifies this. While I maintain Vader is combatively Starkiller's super, I don't think he scales from the atomization of the Salvation, for example.

Quote? I don't think it matters regardless given Vader is "too powerful" for Marek and can "toss him" like a "ragdoll" according to the prima guide.

Last edited by DC77 (Reborn) on January 15th 2020, 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

January 12th 2020, 3:58 pm
I posted all of the late Banite stuff here: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t15-ss-the-tyrannical-ten-arcann-xsupremeskillzx-vs-darth-maul-ils#2428
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 12th 2020, 3:59 pm
Lol, for some reason one of my lines didn't go through, that's weird.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 4:15 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:@Azronger Nihilus' connection to the Ravager is irrelevant as Meetra claims Revan (as of the MW nonetheless) has a "greater command of the Force" than anybody she's ever met including Nihilus.

It is very relevant. If Nihilus's feats are fueled by an external amp and not his own command of the Force, then Revan purportedly having a greater command of the Force doesn't mean he scales from the feat.

Revan is put over Maul via scaling from Kun as Kun's TP domination of all the scanning technicians in Cinnagar (a likely larger than 1% fraction out of a billion people or so) as well as his capability of maintaining a (spell or TP) over the entire senate while stomping Vodo seems to be beyond the reach of TPM Maul. I'd argue TCW Maul could beat KOTOR Revan (dunno, maybe), but Maul hasn't shown much on the level of TPing the entire senate (depending on how it's looked upon) or all the people in Cinnagar. A lot of what I'm basing this on is the stat program, which makes TP out to be a lot harder than TK.

I want meticulous citations for every claim made here.

Edit: His martial capabilities are also comparable (Echani, tactics, etc), and his scaling beyond the Exiles (to the point where they're bugs to him) makes this more plausible.

Why does scaling beyond the Dark Jedi Exiles matter in a fight against Maul?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 12th 2020, 4:21 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@Azronger: Missed talking to you bro, good to be back.

The comic was written with the frame of mind of answering the question of superiority, it's canon status shouldn't detract from that.

Quote? I don't think it matters regardless given Vader is "too powerful" for Marek and can "toss him" like a "ragdoll" according to the prima guide.

Welcome back.

I don't care what the intent is. It's non-canon so it's non-canon. I wrote my fanfic with the intent to show Vader stomps Revan, but it's still non-canon.

I'm on mobile atm. Ask @Quorian Debatist for the Campaign Guide stuff. Regardless, Vader being too powerful for Starkiller combatively doesn't mean he is more powerful overall. AotC Anakin is as powerful as AotC Yoda, but Dooku is still too powerful for him as he doesn't have mastery over his own strength.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum