Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane Empty 52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane

May 6th 2019, 4:18 pm
Bane during Dynasty of Evil. Sheev during part 2 of Darth Plagueis.
AzureAmaterasu
AzureAmaterasu

52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane Empty Re: 52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane

May 6th 2019, 5:01 pm
If he has his armor he quite frankly stomps
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane Empty Re: 52 BBY Sheev Palpatine vs Darth Bane

May 6th 2019, 5:08 pm
AzureAmaterasu wrote:If he has his armor he quite frankly stomps

It's Bane during DOE so he doesn't have his armour.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 6th 2019, 5:18 pm
Tough, but resisting Plaguies's TP and years of training should show him to be better in terms of power. The problem is... he really does get beaten by Bane with the feats we have, I'll save my reservations now, but leaning towards Sheev
Nova
Nova

May 6th 2019, 9:38 pm
We have to estimate how skilled Sheev is, but he had already stored his lightsaber in the neuranium sculpture by this point (he had to borrow Plagueis' in the novel; his second lightsaber was probably created after that incident to avoid a repeat scenario) and practiced arcane Force arts rather than lightsaber skills in the years after. I imagine that in terms of technical knowledge, he had basically already acquired everything by this point, and his raw prowess with a blade probably wasn't tremendously far off TPM's either.

Palpatine at this point is about fifteen years younger than Bane, but with the advantages of far greater innate power and resources for training (including masters), and not exactly wanting for experience either. In all honesty, I think he wins here (and I don't think Bane would necessarily win even if this was Orbalisk RoT Bane, let alone easily).
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

May 7th 2019, 3:02 am
Bane by feats. Sidious if you go by superior Force potential.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

May 7th 2019, 3:19 am
I think that we didn't have enough feat at this time to back up a clear win for Sidious so I think that Bane win.
Nova
Nova

May 7th 2019, 3:51 am
I'm not sure we have the feats to back up a "clear win" for Bane either, except in lightsaber skill where we have to make reasonable inferences about where Palpatine lies. And honestly, I don't imagine that he's below Bane's level in that.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

May 7th 2019, 4:18 am
Bane by feats. Sidious if you believe his far greater Force potential would have made him more powerful than Bane with 13 years of elementary training.
Darth JooJ
Darth JooJ

May 14th 2019, 4:48 pm
Bane by feats, sidious by banite scaling hype
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 14th 2019, 5:36 pm
Bane.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum