Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Haggis
Haggis

Jaina Solo vs Viun Gaalan Empty Jaina Solo vs Viun Gaalan

May 4th 2019, 7:00 pm
Jaina Solo vs Viun Gaalan Jaina_10

Jaina as of Crucible
Viun as of Fate of the Jedi: Backlash

R1: Sabers
R2: All Out?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Jaina Solo vs Viun Gaalan Empty Re: Jaina Solo vs Viun Gaalan

May 4th 2019, 8:01 pm
Viun contended with luke, yes I read the blog, but it's true.
Haggis
Haggis

May 4th 2019, 9:38 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:Viun contended with luke, yes I read the blog, but it's true.

I personally doubt Luke was operating at full strength - which is where I disagree with cilghal's blog. The High Lord Darish Vol, at most, possesses "much of" Luke's power, meaning he is still Luke's inferior. By the nature of both feats and the simple fact of the Lost Tribes hierarchy, Vol is far above Vuin in power - especially since Gaalan is merely a Lord. The margin of power between Gaalan and Luke seems too large for me not to believe Luke was holding back, even with the nexus aside.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

May 5th 2019, 2:25 am
Viun Galaan was contending, to an extent, with Luke. Furthermore he is, by quotes>> Olaris Rhea and a team of Sith. He stomps
LSDMB
LSDMB

May 5th 2019, 3:53 am
IMO it largely depends on how you would think Jaina compares to Kyle Katarn as a duelist.

For reference, against a still recovering from some injuries Caedus, Kyle alongside three other Jedi who were collectively beneath him was capable of matching Caedus roughly evenly in lightsaber combat.

Jaina in her final duel with Caedus was also roughly even with him in lightsaber combat to the point where Caedus could've elected the option of mutually assured destruction, but chose not to. In that duel, Caedus was missing an arm, had already been stabbed in the gut, and was seriously distracted from the fight by more emotionally pressing concerns.

IMO, I think that comparison is more favorable to Kyle, but you can draw your own conclusions.

Then you get into the question of how much Jaina improved from LOTF to FOTJ, how seriously the "combat equal" quote should be taken... and then things get more complicated if you find Viun's own performance to be above what you would expect from Kyle based on prior feats in which case you cross into the territory of Kyle also improving between LOTF and FOTJ.

Less of an answer from me, and really me dumping a bunch of drunk thoughts on the thread at 3 am.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 5th 2019, 5:42 am
Jaina isn't equal to Kyle or Kyp with a blade. She dies horribly here.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 5th 2019, 3:12 pm
No way to compare the two at all.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 8th 2019, 9:51 am
Viun
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

November 8th 2019, 12:37 pm
Jaina
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

November 8th 2019, 12:42 pm
I obviously no longer agree with the notion that Galaan was contending with serious Luke, though that doesn’t mean that Jaina wins. I can hardly see her as an equal of Katarn or Kyp.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 8th 2019, 12:59 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Jaina isn't equal to Kyle or Kyp with a blade. She dies horribly here.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum