Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Witness
The Witness

KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi  Empty KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi

June 23rd 2019, 2:53 pm
https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-kotor-ii-writer-wasnt-a-fan-of-the-last-jedi/
Surprised he was aloud to say this considering he just worked on A Disney project ( Fallen Order)
Nevertheless I agree with him.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi  Empty Re: KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi

June 23rd 2019, 3:51 pm
He criticized the best star wars movie? This is an outrage KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi  2668642404
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi  Empty Re: KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi

June 23rd 2019, 5:02 pm
Avellone is based. His opinions on versus matches suck, though.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 23rd 2019, 9:15 pm
Azronger wrote:Avellone is based. His opinions on versus matches suck, though.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

July 7th 2019, 10:15 am

Not disagreeing but do you have specific examples to highlight how his opinions on matchups suck?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

July 7th 2019, 12:06 pm
Trayus Marauder wrote:

Not disagreeing but do you have specific examples to highlight how his opinions on matchups suck?

He said Revan >>> Vader > Nihilus. He generally seems to disrespect Nihilus a lot and says a bunch of dumb shit to lower the character from where the actual source material portrays him to be.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

July 7th 2019, 1:55 pm
^
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

July 8th 2019, 8:42 am
Azronger wrote:
Trayus Marauder wrote:

He said Revan >>> Vader > Nihilus. He generally seems to disrespect Nihilus a lot and says a bunch of dumb shit to lower the character from where the actual source material portrays him to be.

Not to mention that Vader disrespect. But I can see where you're coming from 100%.
DoA
DoA

July 9th 2019, 11:57 pm
He's right about Luke though. Luke's portrayal was poorly written tripe and so was the entire movie. Disney knows they fucked up and now they're bringing in Lucas for Episode 9 to help them out of the mess they got themselves into.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

July 10th 2019, 2:23 am
Sigh. 

It's an unpopular opinion to say this and i risk crucifixion for doing so but... okay tlj luke is out of character yeah, but It's still better than the goody two shoes Grandmaster Luke who oneshots everyone low diff. The best option would be DE Luke, he's still powerful. He's still cool, but he's also still very much a boy, he's still relatable, personally GM Luke was a hardass and an overpowered zealot imo, It's more fitting for luke to walk the line of conflict and not be stupidly overpowered. It's better for luke to be conflicted then doing some Revan bullshit where he "weilds the light and darkness in perfect balance" and achieves oneness or some other overpowered bullshit. I like my Star wars to be black and white for the most part. Good guys and bad guys. The way to do conflict is how they did Traya, but the whole Revan approach is just too silly. There is no possible way someone can be half sith and half Jedi, you cannot value the pursuit of power above all else and still be in control of the situation and take down only the bad guys. It's like that tv show Dexter, for as good of the entertainment as it is there is no way in hell someone with urges like that could be a good guy or only kill "the bad guys" he would not be able to control or rationalize those thoughts. Same thing with Revan and luke, It's feasibly impossible to be a power hungry maniac and a guy fighting for his family. The light and the dark are polar opposites which is why I don't like the eu approach to luke, controlling your passion is one thing, but to be able to walk that fine line and not be mentally ill is too unrealistic for me.
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

July 10th 2019, 4:02 pm
Flunky Cyborg wrote:Sigh. 

It's an unpopular opinion to say this and i risk crucifixion for doing so but... okay tlj luke is out of character yeah, but It's still better than the goody two shoes Grandmaster Luke who oneshots everyone low diff. The best option would be DE Luke, he's still powerful. He's still cool, but he's also still very much a boy, he's still relatable, personally GM Luke was a hardass and an overpowered zealot imo, It's more fitting for luke to walk the line of conflict and not be stupidly overpowered. It's better for luke to be conflicted then doing some Revan bullshit where he "weilds the light and darkness in perfect balance" and achieves oneness or some other overpowered bullshit. I like my Star wars to be black and white for the most part. Good guys and bad guys. The way to do conflict is how they did Traya, but the whole Revan approach is just too silly. There is no possible way someone can be half sith and half Jedi, you cannot value the pursuit of power above all else and still be in control of the situation and take down only the bad guys. It's like that tv show Dexter, for as good of the entertainment as it is there is no way in hell someone with urges like that could be a good guy or only kill "the bad guys" he would not be able to control or rationalize those thoughts. Same thing with Revan and luke, It's feasibly impossible to be a power hungry maniac and a guy fighting for his family. The light and the dark are polar opposites which is why I don't like the eu approach to luke, controlling your passion is one thing, but to be able to walk that fine line and not be mentally ill is too unrealistic for me.

Fuck are you even talking about? KOTOR 2 writer criticised Last Jedi  1076326320

Also championing a depiction in which Luke literally tries to be a Sith and a Jedi (but fails) and goes from getting destroyed by Sheev to destroying him is not the ideal Luke depiction. GM Luke had tons of issues and moments where he falters, even well into Apoc he still had "challenges" with his own choices and whatever else you think happened. An arc before that he had to hold back from killing his fodder nephew that he taught. Etc, random shit. He was never a power hungry maniac, but he didn't completely abolish using the Darkside.

And embracing the Darkside does not mean you embrace the Sith ways. He's just allowing himself to use some techniques and views without going on a quest for power and control throughout the galaxy. Luke was still very much a Jedi at all points in his career aside from DE. He just didn't let his trepidations about the Darkside control everything he did like The Old Republic.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

July 30th 2019, 10:40 am
Avellone is a great writer. He criticizes and express himself freely. I only loathe Lonesome Road among his works.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

July 30th 2019, 11:16 am
Flunky Cyborg wrote:Sigh. 

You know there was a whole order that went by the philosophy of balancing light and dark. The jedaii order did so successfully for millennia. So its not like such an idea is impossible or foreign to the lore.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 20th 2019, 3:49 pm
Hmm I wonder why
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum