Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr  Empty Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr

June 16th 2019, 2:58 pm
-Both fighters in their prime. FOTJ for Korr and TLJ for Pavan
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr  Empty Re: Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr

June 16th 2019, 3:54 pm
Jaden.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 16th 2019, 4:00 pm
Korr stomps
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 16th 2019, 4:02 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Korr stomps
I agree Korr wins, but him stomping seems a bit too far fetched to me. Could you explain a little bit?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 1:18 am
Sorry someone refresh me on Pavan please, all I remember is that he was shitstomped by newbie Vader, which isn't a bad thing.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 17th 2019, 3:35 am
Jax stops time to flip Jaden off. Then bisects him.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 17th 2019, 3:53 am
In-sidiousvader wrote:Sorry someone refresh me on Pavan please, all I remember is that he was shitstomped by newbie Vader, which isn't a bad thing.

Able to use Juyo and therefore all forms. Faster than Qui-Gon Jinn. Throws shuttles like play things. Can stop time. That's the basics
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

June 17th 2019, 4:16 am
>Faster than Qui-Gon Jinn.

Everyone is faster than Qui-Gon.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 17th 2019, 4:19 am
MP wrote:>Faster than Qui-Gon Jinn.

Everyone is faster than Qui-Gon.

We keep finding people who are faster
MP

June 17th 2019, 4:22 am
TPM Anakin is faster.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 5:20 am
Would Jango Fett be able to take Qui-Gon in H2H?
MP

June 17th 2019, 5:32 am
Fett uses one hand Neo style
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 5:36 am
Wholeheartedly agree
MP

June 17th 2019, 5:39 am
Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr  X1-720x404
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 5:44 am
That’s Qui-Gon’s reaction when he get 3-shotted by Tiin in a spar
MP

June 17th 2019, 5:50 am
Agen just kicks him and he goes down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 5:53 am
🍆
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 17th 2019, 8:27 am
I didn’t expect this thread to be so popular
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 17th 2019, 8:35 am
Greysentinel365 wrote:Jax stops time to flip Jaden off. Then bisects him.
Jaden can hold off two clones, one of whom capable of destroying a building and the other is downright stated to be even stronger. I completely agree Pavan is a superior duelist based on my own readings, but i’ll need a more convincing argument on the force. How does his time-stopping technique work?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 17th 2019, 2:34 pm
BaratoBhajji wrote: That’s Qui-Gon’s reaction when he get 3-shotted by Tiin in a spar

Curry, I expected better. 3-shot seems a bit generous to Jinn wouldn't you say?

OT-Korr.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

June 17th 2019, 4:25 pm
It’s a spar g real match is a ragdoll in Tiin’s favour
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 21st 2019, 11:44 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
mastercilghal wrote:
Jaden can hold off two clones, one of whom capable of destroying a building and the other is downright stated to be even stronger.  

Runner didn't destroy a building. He severely damaged it's inside with a force wave sure. But it's not like he levelled it. When comparing pure kinetic output. Jax picking up and throwing a shuttle like a plaything is easily comparable. But more than that

Kaj shielded with one hand and held the other out, cupped to collect whatever there was that could be collected. He needed ammunition-the energy and matter in the air would provide it.

The salvo of Force-lightning from the Inquisitor enveloped the docking station and sundered it, exploiting every crack and crevice in its aging fabric. It blew apart dramatically, chunks of duracrete flying in all directions. Beneath it, in his Force cocoon, Kaj waited until he was sure the docking station had shed its last loose piece. Then he dropped his shield and thrust energy and matter away from him in a huge wave, sweeping everything in its path directly at the Inquisitor.

Masonry bombarded the scaffold, carried on a tide of Force energy. The solid surface beneath it heaved, then rippled like a banner in the wind. Bits of the facade broke loose and fell away, crumbling beneath the metal buttressing until the huge bolts lost their grip on the masonry. With a groan of surrender, the scaffolding toppled toward the street, carrying a trail of debris with it.

The moment's respite gave him a chance to look for Kaj. He glanced upward just in rime to see the facade of the building housing the apothecary ripple like the surface of a stormy lake. Masonry began to rain down from above, narrowly missing the charging Inquisitor. Still there was no sign of his boy.

-  Courscant Nights 3: Patterns of The Force

This inquisitor easily unleashes lightning capable of destroying a small building, scaffolding and docking port attached to it. Moreover the small amount of energy Kaz absorbs from it is enough to annihilate what's left in a massive force wave.

Jax regularly shows to be superior to these inquisitors. Warranting Vader's attention. So Jaden's magnitude would hardly be a problem. Jax would be able to match or overwhelm him and then dismantle him with saber combat.  

How does his time-stopping technique work?

It stops time

With a supreme effort of will, the Jedi felt the local time currents around him, stirred them to eddies, then dropped and rolled beneath the fuselage of a small shuttle that lay between him and the Aethersprite.

Vader’s next barrage of ordnance was aimed at where Jax had been, not where he had gone.

Jax shot to his feet and pelted toward the Jedi starfighter where it lay tucked behind its Imperial look-alike.

- Star Wars: The Last Jedi

And allows Jax to move and fight for a period while it is.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 22nd 2019, 1:57 am
@Greysentinel365 thanks for the clarification, although it should be noted that Runner and soldier were putting all of their power to overwhelm Jaden.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 22nd 2019, 6:39 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:
mastercilghal wrote:
Jaden can hold off two clones, one of whom capable of destroying a building and the other is downright stated to be even stronger.  

Runner didn't destroy a building. He severely damaged it's inside with a force wave sure. But it's not like he levelled it. When comparing pure kinetic output. Jax picking up and throwing a shuttle like a plaything is easily comparable. But more than that

Kaj shielded with one hand and held the other out, cupped to collect whatever there was that could be collected. He needed ammunition-the energy and matter in the air would provide it.

The salvo of Force-lightning from the Inquisitor enveloped the docking station and sundered it, exploiting every crack and crevice in its aging fabric. It blew apart dramatically, chunks of duracrete flying in all directions. Beneath it, in his Force cocoon, Kaj waited until he was sure the docking station had shed its last loose piece. Then he dropped his shield and thrust energy and matter away from him in a huge wave, sweeping everything in its path directly at the Inquisitor.

Masonry bombarded the scaffold, carried on a tide of Force energy. The solid surface beneath it heaved, then rippled like a banner in the wind. Bits of the facade broke loose and fell away, crumbling beneath the metal buttressing until the huge bolts lost their grip on the masonry. With a groan of surrender, the scaffolding toppled toward the street, carrying a trail of debris with it.

The moment's respite gave him a chance to look for Kaj. He glanced upward just in rime to see the facade of the building housing the apothecary ripple like the surface of a stormy lake. Masonry began to rain down from above, narrowly missing the charging Inquisitor. Still there was no sign of his boy.

This inquisitor easily unleashes lightning capable of destroying a small building, scaffolding and docking port attached to it. Moreover the small amount of energy Kaz absorbs from it is enough to annihilate what's left in a massive force wave.

Jax regularly shows to be superior to these inquisitors. Warranting Vader's attention. So Jaden's magnitude would hardly be a problem. Jax would be able to match or overwhelm him and then dismantle him with saber combat.  

It stops time

With a supreme effort of will, the Jedi felt the local time currents around him, stirred them to eddies, then dropped and rolled beneath the fuselage of a small shuttle that lay between him and the Aethersprite.

Vader’s next barrage of ordnance was aimed at where Jax had been, not where he had gone.

Jax shot to his feet and pelted toward the Jedi starfighter where it lay tucked behind its Imperial look-alike.

Reading TLJ right now tell me where do you rank Jax? Im talking in comparison to say ferus olin or kenobi?
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

June 23rd 2019, 1:12 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:
mastercilghal wrote:

Jax Pavan Vs Jaden Korr  4063354-1839204584-aJSRW

So, the way I calculated was based on these 3 images. I measured the height of the guys compared to the top of the pillar; not accounting for the little pyramid section at the top. What I assumed was a standard 6-foot height for the people, and I went by the weight of granite for the pillar. I tried to account for where it broke as well.
https://imgur.com/PYeVSWc
https://imgur.com/oZdnweS

What I came out to was 113 feet for the pillar and 114.85. Obviously imprecise but, it gives us something to work with. For the width, I used an image where the guy was closer than the pillar, I came out to 9 feet. I assume it's a perfect square, so I had 9 x 9.
https://imgur.com/ZBToqoB

113 x 9 x 9 x 175 (granite) / 2000 = 800 tons
114.85 x 9 x 9 x 175 (granite) / 2000 = 813.99 tons

A bit of variance and lowballing afforded (not accounting for the large amount at the point/perspective), but it gives us something to work with.

http://www.delawarequarries.com/landscape/boulders/boulderwt.html

It was done by a far weaker Jaden than the one in this thread, so no, I don't think throwing a shuttle surpasses him. I'm not sure how much a shuttle in repair weighs, but Jaden certainly didn't lift a lightweight, and the ease in which he did it was certainly impressive.

As for the building, Runner did destroy half a building by pushing a speeder into it nonchalant. The hospital was made from an old ship as well, so it wasn't a simple building. I do believe Jaden can replicate the feats mentioned, he just hasn't done it himself.

He did kill the old Darkside Kam clone with lightning, and Kam was a Darkside "Elite," so not sure how he compares to older Inquisitors, but it's there as well. In any case, Jaden gathering together 800 tons of rubble and repulsing it at a building would likely level it and scaffolding as well.

I don't believe these specific feats put him above Korr.

Greysentinel365 wrote:

It stops time

As for the time manipulation, it was not a full-time stop, and Jax only accomplished rolling under a starship due to this. The supreme effort massively gassed him out. The emphasis was placed on stirring up the time currents in likeness to a whirlpool. The reason why I question it being an actual timestop, is that emphasis was placed on the currents still flowing. If we're likening time to water flow, then wouldn't a timestop be more akin to the current stopping; no flow at all, no currents, no eddies, a complete halt? Now, while this may seem more semantics, but in this context - stirring up eddies of time - it seems more like he caused a little blip in time. Something he could use to mask an escape, but not something that literally stopped everything around him. No emphasis was placed on a complete stillness, and in this case, it'd be akin to a sort of skip, or even teleportation if you would. The whole world didn't freeze around him while he looked at a still Vader. It just allowed him to not be there. It obfuscated his whereabouts for the merest of moments.

This was not done in the midst of a fierce saber duel either. Vader had afforded Jax room to accomplish this, and he did it after dodging an attack while Vader had time to ready another barrage in the space it took him to "disappear." All he did was get out of the path of Vader throwing another object after dodging a thrown human. All he did was drop down and roll under a ship. This is not enough to state he can pull it out to any great effect in a combat situation. If he can't stop time in the midst of a duel, then he'd have to stop time and cover the ground between himself and Jaden before Jaden could move. Something which isn't reinforced from that passage.

Not only that, but it presents a bit of a no-limits fallacy, and begs the question of why he didn't just stop time initially and slice Vader in half? Where are his limits, and why should he have any if it were indeed a full-time stop? He is manipulating time itself, so Vader should be able to be replaced with anyone and the result should be the same, no?

As for further context, considering how close he was to the ship he rolled under - the only emphasis was placed on him dropping and rolling - it's likely he was within range to the pyronium that was amping his manipulation, at least to gain a passive effect. He states that Vader stepping into the range of the starship he was previously under should feel the tremors of the crystal:

Jax froze for a split second, his weapon raised, then twisted out of the way of the screaming crewman. Anakin knew him too well-knew what he would and would not do.

Maybe.

Vader's next barrage of ordnance was aimed at where Jax had been, not where he had gone.

Jax shot to his feet and pelted toward the Jedi starfighter where it lay tucked behind its Imperial look-alike. He was panting with the effort now, drained by the effort it took to harness so much energy.

The deafening groan of metal from behind him caused Jax to turn. The small vessel he'd just rolled beneath was ripped from her moorings and flung aside as if she were a bit of stray debris. Darth Vader came at him out of her wake, his Sith weapon shedding lurid light.

"You amaze me, Pavan. The things you have absorbed from that dark well of knowledge, the ease with which you use them. You are truly wasted on the light side. Your continued existence and what you have done to ensure it confirm this."

The observation cut deep, but Jax would not let Vader see him bleed. "What I've done, I did to free Yimmon. Having done that, I've served my purpose."

He was close enough to the Delta-7 now that he could feel the energies of the pyronium-fed projection as a humming tremor in the Force around him. He was certain Vader must feel it, too.

A short distance closer and Jax could fully command it, implying that the passive distance shouldn't just cut off and it becomes completely useless 10 or so feet further. In other words, he should have at least been able to tap into it a little.

As Vader swept toward him, Jax reached back and felt of the connection between the pyronium and the ship. A simple command-a simple trigger-was all it would take to end this.

This is further backed by him stating earlier that he would need more raw power to manipulate the local currents:

He thrust the thought aside and gazed down on his time islands. The island bearing the Far Ranger and her crew was out of reach to a single Jedi. But a closer island both in time and space-a small island in a local current ...

He thought of the brute-force projection of himself that had fooled Magash briefly. He hadn't considered currents then; he had simply cut across them. That near to the present moment, they were barely eddies. But what if he looked closely at those eddies? Could he affect them significantly without sufficient power? The Cephalons' power to see time as they did arose out of their network, and he had none. That suggested what he needed was more raw power.

Of course. The pyronium.

So it's very possible and likely he was at least gaining some sort of passive effects of said gem. Something he doesn't have here anywhere on the battlefield.

And one final thing, but he was familiar with the local time currents before this battle. It may not make all the change in the world, but simply plopping him into a field where he's not familiar with it is something to note. Especially coming from a power he only had for a handful of chapters and then specifically forgot how to use it before the end of the book.

He stilled himself further, reaching for the knowledge he'd assimilated from the Sith holocron. It continued to appear in his mind's eye as a "library" containing a collection of books. Now he opened the Book of Time, plotted an angle of approach-the "southern hemisphere" that could be accessed from the commercial docks made the most sense-and felt of the local time currents.

Then, with the pyronium nugget suspended before him in a field of Force energy, he considered what a berserker Jedi might do to rescue a friend.

The things he knew about time currents alone should give him an advantage over the Sith Lord. Vader could have no idea what Jax was capable of. The local time currents were manipulable. Maybe just manipulable enough to confuse his adversary.

Maybe.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum